Rheum competitiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Salsero

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a AMG who will be starting my intern year at a well-renowned university program in CA that has a strong Rheum reputation per USNWR. I was wondering what I need to do to be able to match into a top Rheum. fellowship after residency. How important is the reputation of one's residency program in matching into a good fellowship? Besides research and being a strong resident, what else do I need to focus on? How many residents applying for Rheum go unmatched? Thank you for all of the input!

Members don't see this ad.

AMG in a strong university program in CA should be able to obtain a rheum fellowship with ease... make sure you get to know people in your rheum department so they can vouch for you when interviewing season comes along, in forms of strong letters and also phone calls.. some research will be necessary if you are aiming for top programs... with strong letters and some publications should make you a top candidate in the field...

I'm a AMG who will be starting my intern year at a well-renowned university program in CA that has a strong Rheum reputation per USNWR. I was wondering what I need to do to be able to match into a top Rheum. fellowship after residency. How important is the reputation of one's residency program in matching into a good fellowship? Besides research and being a strong resident, what else do I need to focus on? How many residents applying for Rheum go unmatched? Thank you for all of the input!