Richmond, VA area. Unique position- needs filled urgently

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAFAT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ISO FT anesthesiologist (+/- fellowship)
W2 salary $440k w/ good benefits package and at least $20k signing bonus (you get to keep it after 2 years with the company); 1099 may be an option

10 weeks of paid vacation

Currently staffed with 4 doc model
Medically directing CRNAs
Doing own cases some of the time

26 weeks of day shift, usually out by 3pm
8 weeks of day shift + overnight home call (CRNA stays in house and you get called in for emergent cases only)
You earn one week off for every week of home call you work; add that to your vacation weeks which adds up to 18 weeks off per year

This is a lot of time off and great compensation for the job market in this area, even compared to other nearby sites staffed by the same national private practice. For home call, you can live up to 30 minutes away from the hospital, which allows the option of living in one of many prime neighborhoods in the RVA suburbs. This is a very niche position and location. You can choose to enjoy your time off, or get credentialed at other facilities in Richmond to pick up some premium per diem pay, a much appreciated method of filling various staffing needs.

If you’re interested, please let me know and I’ll be happy to discuss further.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
even compared to other nearby sites staffed by the same national private practice
Is this the same national "private" practice currently being sued by a hospital and their own anesthesiologists?

Yes, this is a NAPA practice. Based at Southside Regional in “lovely” Petersburg Virginia.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, this is a NAPA practice. Based at Southside Regional in “lovely” Petersburg Virginia.

Nice can't wait for the thread about this place melting down because no self respecting anesthesiologist wants to work with napa

Nice can't wait for the thread about this place melting down because no self respecting anesthesiologist wants to work with napa

They ARE getting desperate. Locum, through a third party, now is up to 300/hr.

The last time I checked, I had to negotiate multiple rounds to even get over 200.

They ARE getting desperate. Locum, through a third party, now is up to 300/hr.

The last time I checked, I had to negotiate multiple rounds to even get over 200.
This place was ****ty way before NAPA got a hold of it. Interestingly, this hospital was bought by another hospital corporation a few years ago, and NAPA has significant profitable business with two hospitals owned by the same hospital corp in metropolitan Richmond. I’m guessing that NAPA did not want this hospital, but was forced to take it because they already make bank at the other two.

This simply sounds like one of those “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is” situations. It does seem worth looking into if you know or want to be in the area. However, I would approach it with a high degree of skepticism.

Reactions: 1 users
Love it or hate it, NAPA is the dominant force in the area, and I’m happy working for them. All the older folks surely informed me that NAPA was the devil or evil empire or whatever. Well, I’m sure the profession isn’t what it used to be, and I can’t harbor the same bitterness and resentment having not experienced those changes personally. All I can see in front of me is the current market of anesthesia jobs. I worked for a private practice that was much worse than NAPA. I’m doing all right now. Every hospital has its shortcomings, and Southside is no exception. Bon Secours and NAPA have a somewhat newly established relationship in the RVA. SMC is a like a rescue animal, and it’s now in good hands. I would stay there if my wife wasn’t starting CRNA school in the summer and didn’t have to relocate. Instead, I’m just transferring to another NAPA facility without much of a BS factor. The situation with NAPA works great for me and lots of other anesthesiologists, and I’m sure this place will be a good fit for some other anesthesiologist out there as well.

You think that’s funny? You are rooting for a hospital serving a poor, racially diverse population to collapse? You are unilaterally insulting all of my colleagues because of who they work for? I assume you know of better options that are a great fit for me and my family that will meet our needs in the immediate future. Maybe not so much? **** off.

LMAO. Hope NAPA gets bent over. What a bunch of A$$ hats.

No need to come trolling on my post. If you’re not interested in working for NAPA or coming to the Richmond area, your comments are not welcome here. Go circle jerk with your incel buddies.

• Haha
No need to come trolling on my post. If you’re not interested in working for NAPA or coming to the Richmond area, your comments are not welcome here. Go circle jerk with your incel buddies.

Hahaha. I have no dog in this fight but I do have the My Little Pony theme song in my head now…thank you very much

You think that’s funny? You are rooting for a hospital serving a poor, racially diverse population to collapse? You are unilaterally insulting all of my colleagues because of who they work for? I assume you know of better options that are a great fit for me and my family that will meet our needs in the immediate future. Maybe not so much? **** off.

Sounds great looking forward to working for napa with you!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
who said I was trolling? I really do hope NAPA gets Fuked. Those are my genuine feelings. Must be great, being a liability shield and getting paid a fraction of what you generate. Probably why your "national private practice" keeps losing contracts left and right, and has to recruit on a student doctor forum.
Please stop with the virtue signaling. If your bull$**** company cared about serving a "poor, racially diverse population", you wouldnt be actively enforcing noncompetes and staying in network.

Also "richmond area" just means not richmond and some BFE small town. Aint nobody coming to work for $hit pay in BFE supervising CRNAs.

Reactions: 3 users
Does the salary stay at 440k or are there also yearly bonuses and/or pay raises yearly? To be honest 440 seems low for supervising 4 CRNAs

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.