Ricky Williams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgauger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else know that he is taking the pre-requs and plans to apply to medical school? Anyone see the ESPN 30 for 30? I'm watching it now. Kinda weird.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that....kinda crazy. I doubt he can do it though, even though I love Rick I have to say he has fried his brain with all the pot he has smoked!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't want him being my lab partner he would probably start making drugs in the lab

He'll probably move back to Cali and be one of these docs that prescribe marijuana.

That would be awesome to interview him for admission. Adcomm: tell us what you have done in your life since graduating college.

Ricky: well, I won the heisman. Played in the NFL, retired, came back to the NFL, smoked some weed, got suspended, moved to Canada, returned to the NFL and spent a few years shaking fools like a beast well into my thirties. Then I decided to go to med school.

Last edited:
I saw that....kinda crazy. I doubt he can do it though, even though I love Rick I have to say he has fried his brain with all the pot he has smoked!!!

My brain would have been long gone if that were true...

He wants to go to Nova College of Osteopathic Medicine

he should have played for the phillies after getting drafted by them, **** that dude

He'll probably move back to Cali and be one of these docs that prescribe marijuana.

That would be awesome to interview him for admission. Adcomm: tell us what you have done in you life since graduating college.

Ricky: well, I won the heisman. Played in the NFL, retired, came back to the NFL, smoked some weed, got suspended, moved to Canada, returned to the NFL and spent a few years shaking fools like a beast well into my thirties. Then I decided to go to med school.
haha yes!

My brain would have been long gone if that were true...

He wants to go to Nova College of Osteopathic Medicine

"I'm taking classes now, so it will be easier to help with the transition to my life after football, so I'm happy to be here another year." Say what? Taking classes? "I'm just taking a math class and a writing comp, just to finish up some of my undergrad, still haven't finished my degree," Williams said. "It's just pre-algebra. I never took math when I was undergrad. I'm starting over." Why pre-algebra? "I've always been good with numbers," he said. "I want to get my degree pre-med, so you have to take calculus and a bunch of math classes. I've been out of school 10 years and so just trying to start over and get back in the swing of things." Wow, pre-med? What do you want to do? "Osteopathy," he said. "There's a college here at Nova, too. That's another reason why staying here is advantageous." Wait, you're not taking online classes? "I'm just taking classes here at Nova," he said. With other people in class? "I'm not by myself," he said, smiling. "It's an evening class, 6 to 8, but there are other people that have jobs, coming in after work, trying to finish up." Have you been recognized? "I've only been to one class," Williams said. "Teacher was looking at me, he's like, 'You look like you play football, and I was like, 'Yeah, I play football.'" "And he was like, 'For who?' And I was like, 'For the Dolphins.'" "He was like, 'What's your name?' I said, 'Williams.'" "He said, 'OK ? So how's Chad Pennington doing?'" "I was like, 'Fine,' and that was the end of it." Teacher never asked for your first name? "I'm sure he'll come back," Williams said. "Especially math teachers, they're kind of in their own little world, but I'm sure he'll figure it out." But the students must recognize you, right? "It's at Nova, so it's a lot of international students, so I think half my class is from different countries," Williams said. "It's a couple hours once a week, not a big deal. I think next semester when I'm going full time it might be more of an issue." How close are you to graduating? "Because I'm changing my major I think I have 72 credits," said Williams, an elementary education major at University of Texas a decade ago. "I have to take a bunch of science classes. I want to go to medical school. Hopefully when I'm 40 I'll be starting my next career."

http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/40/discussion/Ricky_Williams_Going_to_Med_School/317776

"I'm taking classes now, so it will be easier to help with the transition to my life after football, so I'm happy to be here another year." Say what? Taking classes? "I'm just taking a math class and a writing comp, just to finish up some of my undergrad, still haven't finished my degree," Williams said. "It's just pre-algebra. I never took math when I was undergrad. I'm starting over." Why pre-algebra? "I've always been good with numbers," he said. "I want to get my degree pre-med, so you have to take calculus and a bunch of math classes. I've been out of school 10 years and so just trying to start over and get back in the swing of things." Wow, pre-med? What do you want to do? "Osteopathy," he said. "There's a college here at Nova, too. That's another reason why staying here is advantageous." Wait, you're not taking online classes? "I'm just taking classes here at Nova," he said. With other people in class? "I'm not by myself," he said, smiling. "It's an evening class, 6 to 8, but there are other people that have jobs, coming in after work, trying to finish up." Have you been recognized? "I've only been to one class," Williams said. "Teacher was looking at me, he's like, 'You look like you play football, and I was like, 'Yeah, I play football.'" "And he was like, 'For who?' And I was like, 'For the Dolphins.'" "He was like, 'What's your name?' I said, 'Williams.'" "He said, 'OK ? So how's Chad Pennington doing?'" "I was like, 'Fine,' and that was the end of it." Teacher never asked for your first name? "I'm sure he'll come back," Williams said. "Especially math teachers, they're kind of in their own little world, but I'm sure he'll figure it out." But the students must recognize you, right? "It's at Nova, so it's a lot of international students, so I think half my class is from different countries," Williams said. "It's a couple hours once a week, not a big deal. I think next semester when I'm going full time it might be more of an issue." How close are you to graduating? "Because I'm changing my major I think I have 72 credits," said Williams, an elementary education major at University of Texas a decade ago. "I have to take a bunch of science classes. I want to go to medical school. Hopefully when I'm 40 I'll be starting my next career."

http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/40/discussion/Ricky_Williams_Going_to_Med_School/317776

I think that is awesome and his plan seems reasonable. I hope he follows through with it.

Edit: Most of those guys would just sit tight on their money and not work another day in their life after football... although I heard Ricky is broke, so maybe that has something to do with it.

He's going to be the next "most interesting man in the world"

Ricky is gonna be a doctor alright... a naturopathic one.

I think that is awesome and his plan seems reasonable. I hope he follows through with it.

Edit: Most of those guys would just sit tight on their money and not work another day in their life after football... although I heard Ricky is broke, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah I heard he was broke but he made money when he resigned with the dolphins. Also, there are PLENTY of other things he could do that are MUCH easier than going to medical school with his celeb status (ie reality shows, become an announcer, open nightclub/restaurant, commercials). He seems to be genuinely interested, so I wish him him the best and hope he follows through!! :D

Best of luck to him -- I wonder how he will do on the MCAT and Step 1...