Riding on Sunday - what to wear?

Started by DrWanahbe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrWanahbe

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, gang, this is an embarassing question.

I will be riding this Sunday with the paramedics of my father's firehouse. I have no idea what to wear beyond my hiking shoes, which are at least water resistant, and a really old pair of jeans. I know I should dress in layers and wear black or navy.

Any great ideas? I don't want to be bulky, but I do want to be warm...I get cold easily.

Thanks!
 
Hmmm....ok.

Does it make any difference that I'm a woman? (Probably not!) I can see what you mean on the jeans, I'm just thinking from a "getting dirty" perspective since there will be snow, ice, and mud, I'm sure, since I'm in the upper midwest. I'm sure I have navy or black pants I can wear, although it was my father who told me the jeans.

What about for a coat? All of my coats are definitely not appropriate, so I may have to make a goodwill trip. Any suggestions on what I should get beyond some kind of nylon/easily wipeable fabric?
 
What docB said.

You won't be outside much, and when you are, you won't notice the cold. I wouldnt bother with a professional looking jacket.

For the buttondown shirt, might want to wear a color thats different from what the medics wear, but still professional...black, white, navy, grey. That might be why your dad suggested jeans.