RIP Yale Murdered student Annie Le-For those who had class with her/give regards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjiv238

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say....

Rest in Peace Annie Le.

For those who don't know her, she died recently and was a medical student.

I had classes with her and its really sad what happened.

as a graduate at UR Im pretty sure she was my TA for one of my classes and graduated a year ahead of me.

really sad day guys. My prayers for her fiance(also UR grad) and her family

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to say....

Rest in Peace Annie Le.

For those who don't know her, she died recently and was a medical student.

I had classes with her and its really sad what happened.

as a graduate at UR Im pretty sure she was my TA for one of my classes and graduated a year ahead of me.

really sad day guys. My prayers for her fiance(also UR grad) and her family
Ya, you really have no idea who she is and have never met her. Because if you did, you would know that she is a pharm student and not a med student.

It is very sad all the same, but don't try to act like you know the deceased when you don't.

Ya, you really have no idea who she is and have never met her. Because if you did, you would know that she is a pharm student and not a med student.

It is very sad all the same, but don't try to act like you know the deceased when you don't.

Could you give it a rest? Someone died, someone else expresses sadness at that, and you rip apart their post and put them down for minor factual inaccuracies.

Members don't see this ad :)
FIRST OF ALL

I went to University of Rochester and graduated in 2008. if you do a simple internet search you WOULD KNOW THAT.

second of all, I only found out through the NEWS. I dont know her as a best friend.

Third I HAD CLASSES WITH HER IN UNDERGRAD SO unless you actually KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT WHO I KNOW DON'T TALK.

on that note, when I saw her picture she looked really familiar. But I dismissed it as someone who looked like people i've met in my life.

In the back of my head though I felt like I had classes with her at some point. I just thought, someone who disappeared couldn't possibly be someone i knew and dismissed it.

Then my friend told me how she went to UR, and when I did a closer look I found out the same. He also mentioned how she had been in one of our classes and thats when it hit me.

really sad.

You sir are the definition of:

ultimate-geeks-multi-tool-hammer.jpg

You're a D-Bag. She went to University of Rochester for undergrad, the same school as the OP.

It's good to know that it's not just pretty, young blonde women who now make the national news, and get an outpouring of grief from strangers.

It's also now pretty, young Asian women.

That's what I call progress.

It's good to know that it's not just pretty, young blonde women who now make the national news, and get an outpouring of grief from strangers.

It's also now pretty, young Asian women.

That's what I call progress.

Except a pretty, young Asian women had to have gone to Yale, while the pretty, young blonde can just have a GED.

Except a pretty, young Asian women had to have gone to Yale, while the pretty, young blonde can just have a GED.

Yeah, you might be right about that.

so true. there are definitely strata of ethnicity/gender combos that affect the outpouring of grief from society as a whole.

just some anectodal evidence...

at my ugrad, we had a bus hit an asian, male grad student, and people just said, "that sucks"
we also had a bus the next year hit a white, female undergrad, and people were holding mass vigils, praying, involving lawyers, yada yada

i believe both instances were tragic, i dont remember what exactly happened to them both, but the difference in response was shocking.

anyways, back to the thread

Members don't see this ad :)

There's not even a pharmacy school at Yale.

There's not even a pharmacy school at Yale.

The news reports say she was a "graduate student in pharmacology" so I'm sure you can understand what led to Blesbok stating she was a pharm student.

i think commenting however you want is fine...but if you could at least also place some sort of sympathy in your comment that would be nice. after all that was the main point of this thread-and the title wasnt specifically for those who knew her only although it comes across that way.

im still shocked by it all....its crazy. i mean i went to a small school and i never in my life thought random things like this can happen to people around you. I mean especially when they're well to do or well educated individuals. you just make stereotypes about these things. its not like she was even in a bad area or hanging out with the wrong crowd.

it makes me think something like this could happen to me or anyone close for that matter. really scary.

i think commenting however you want is fine...but if you could at least also place some sort of sympathy in your comment that would be nice. after all that was the main point of this thread-and the title wasnt specifically for those who knew her only although it comes across that way.

im still shocked by it all....its crazy. i mean i went to a small school and i never in my life thought random things like this can happen to people around you. I mean especially when they're well to do or well educated individuals. you just make stereotypes about these things. its not like she was even in a bad area or hanging out with the wrong crowd.

it makes me think something like this could happen to me or anyone close for that matter. really scary.
yes, it can happen to anyone. you only think of it when you have a connection with the unfortunate victim

and new haven isn't a bad area? sure, yale itself might be wonderful but it does not mesh at all with the surrounding community.

it's like univ. of chicago in hyde park, like a bugatti in a destruction derby, you get the point

yes, it can happen to anyone. you only think of it when you have a connection with the unfortunate victim

and new haven isn't a bad area? sure, yale itself might be wonderful but it does not mesh at all with the surrounding community.

it's like univ. of chicago in hyde park, like a bugatti in a destruction derby, you get the point

Yea I read about that as well...thing is I lived in an area like that for 5 years.

and I lived with a fairly care free atitude not really focusing on crime or safety walking at night etc.

I lived in Rochester which statistically has one of the highest per capita crime rates of any major city. i cant imagine new haven being any worse than rochester where UR is located.

and she was apparantly routinely worried about the safety of new haven...so im sure she took care of herself the best she could.

so true. there are definitely strata of ethnicity/gender combos that affect the outpouring of grief from society as a whole.

just some anectodal evidence...

at my ugrad, we had a bus hit an asian, male grad student, and people just said, "that sucks"
we also had a bus the next year hit a white, female undergrad, and people were holding mass vigils, praying, involving lawyers, yada yada

i believe both instances were tragic, i dont remember what exactly happened to them both, but the difference in response was shocking.

anyways, back to the thread

I believe this was a big story since it was the "thought-to-be-runaway-bride-turned-up-murdered". Classic media feeding frenzy.

funnny how the posters above me made the assumptions of the killer being a lab tech and a guy. why cant it be a faculty member heck even a female faculty member. my time to make an assumption that both posters above me are female. funny how some people don't like to be stereotyped but they are fine having profession and gender related stereotype of others.

funnny how the posters above me made the assumptions of the killer being a lab tech and a guy. why cant it be a faculty member heck even a female faculty member. my time to make an assumption that both posters above me are female. funny how some people don't like to be stereotyped but they are fine having profession and gender related stereotype of others.

funnny how you don't read the news before spouting off:

"Lab Tech Suspected in Murder of Yale Coed, Annie Le

KTLA News

6:52 PM PDT, September 14, 2009"

Boys lag behind girls (developmentally) in reading comprehension. Apparently, this pattern extends to adulthood. Secondly, you're pre-health.

well pinkertale said it doesnt suprise her that the lab tech is a suspect.
like to elaborate?

than i guess my previous statement has some truth to it

thank you. i realize that you don't have any valid come back.

thank you. i realize that you don't have any valid come back.
Does he/she need one? Why does everything here have to turn into a contest or a debate?

R.I.P Annie Le. So tragic and confusing.

seriously? this is how the conversation goes?

oh and by the way...I was a lab tech for a year and am pre med as well. But thanks for the gross overgeneralization.

This thread is officially a fail. please someone close.

Status
Not open for further replies.