Rising MS3, no derm research, chances with no research year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thetenthletter

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm strongly considering derm as a potential option going into MS3. I have had exposure to dermatology prior to medical school as a medical scribe and working on a small Dermatology project (no published output though).

Currently at a "high tier" medical school with a decent amount of research output in non-dermatology fields (Currently 10 papers with 5 more in review, few of which are first author, and ~25-30 research items if posters and oral presentations are counted).

If I grind out some Derm research and manage to get a paper or two by the time I apply, will I be OK to match somewhere? Not aiming for top programs but would like to match somewhere on the east coast if possible.

Thank you