ritalin and clonidine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glitch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm adhd i've been taking ritalin for a long time now, but my tics have been getting real bad. I'm Thinking about asking my dr about clonidine with it. I think I may have Have Comorbid adhd/ts. I was going to ask him if I could try it and of course I will be monitored, but does anyone know of what all I should watch out for. I know theres a chance of adverse reactions, but there are people who are on both. If anyone knows anything to watch out for it would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm adhd i've been taking ritalin for a long time now, but my tics have been getting real bad. I'm Thinking about asking my dr about clonidine with it.

methylphenidate increases NE/DA while clonidine decreases NE/DA so kinda counter each other effects. I think there are also reports of serious HTN once clonidine is d/c.

SDN does not allow medical advice to be given. Please, as you mentioned, ask your doctor about any questions you have. Advice from an anonymous forum may not be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.