RN to DO's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moedog

MoeDog
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if there other RNs out there applying this year? I am 27 have been nursing 5 years....GPA 3.1 MCAT.... 21P, I am still waiting for AACOMAS to send out my application so realize the odds are against me at this time! I am at least hoping for an interview...anywhere! How long did it take to receive secondary apps for you guys? How about interviews? Thanks for the advice! Moe :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Moedog. I am an RN- have been for 4 years-BSN. I am 24. I applied to four schools this cycle and have been accepted to three (withdrew from the other). I had a 26N and 3.6 overall, 3.6 science. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me... Good luck

Hi Im also a future Nursing Student. I chose to do Nursing first to save up some money, and prepare for my future. (You never know what can happen) So when Im done with nursing I want to go and become a Nurse Anesthetist. Hopefully after that I can apply to Med School. I just dont think Im ready (finance speaking)

Do any of you know if my chances will diminish if I stick to my plan?

I will be about +- 28 years old.
But Ill have tremendous experience.

Thank you
CV

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I would not say that your chances will diminish. However, that is an awful lot of debt to get into (particularly CRNA) and a lot of work if you are not planning to work in the area for much time. Do what you want, but I wouldn't go to CRNA school just to add a tag to my name. I also would not complete a nuring degree if I were not planning to work in the field for at least two years. I think any less than that is, in my opinion, not as helpful...

Hi Im also a future Nursing Student. I chose to do Nursing first to save up some money, and prepare for my future. (You never know what can happen) So when Im done with nursing I want to go and become a Nurse Anesthetist. Hopefully after that I can apply to Med School. I just dont think Im ready (finance speaking)

Do any of you know if my chances will diminish if I stick to my plan?

I will be about +- 28 years old.
But Ill have tremendous experience.

Thank you
CV

OMG, you will be sooo old. Better not do it.

Just kidding. 28 is pretty young, still. I just got in and I will be 33 next month. There are people in med school that are older than me even. They will like your experience, dedication, and maturity.

OMG, you will be sooo old. Better not do it.

Just kidding. 28 is pretty young, still. I just got in and I will be 33 next month. There are people in med school that are older than me even. They will like your experience, dedication, and maturity.

Thats what I figured...I mean I wish I can go to Med School & not worry about the $ situation, but Im just not like that... I have obstacles in my life that I must overcome before I can get in such a strong commitment [M School]. So I have to choose a way to get there, where I can make some decent money.:oops:

Anyways, thanks for the support!
CV