RN wanting to learn/grow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lifeandtimeoftim

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

Thanks for clicking and reading : )

About me: 26, BSN, ER/ICU experience who wants more out of work. I feel like I am missing something at work, I do a lot of outside studying already however still feel like i am out of the loop when it comes to understanding the reasoning behind my patients care plan. I crave to know and feel like MD may satisfy my hunger! Can anyone else relate???

I am an a very good place financially, so its not the money.

Situation: I was a pre-pharm major so I did Orgo1 and 2 (both A's) and Calc 1 ( A) as well as physic 1 (A) however it was more than 5 years ago at a state school.

So my question is should I retake these prereq at a university or just the ones I am missing?

ps: I do not have no interest in NP or CRNA, go big or go home.

😀
 
Hey everyone!

Thanks for clicking and reading : )

About me: 26, BSN, ER/ICU experience who wants more out of work. I feel like I am missing something at work, I do a lot of outside studying already however still feel like i am out of the loop when it comes to understanding the reasoning behind my patients care plan. I crave to know and feel like MD may satisfy my hunger! Can anyone else relate???

I am an a very good place financially, so its not the money.

Situation: I was a pre-pharm major so I did Orgo1 and 2 (both A's) and Calc 1 ( A) as well as physic 1 (A) however it was more than 5 years ago at a state school.

So my question is should I retake these prereq at a university or just the ones I am missing?

ps: I do not have no interest in NP or CRNA, go big or go home.

😀
You know what you're signing up for and it sounds like you want it for the right reasons! Its a long but rewarding road.

I am a resident now and a few of my best attendings are ex-ICU nurses.

RN->MD makes the best docs 🙂 Go for it!
 
Hey everyone!

Thanks for clicking and reading : )

About me: 26, BSN, ER/ICU experience who wants more out of work. I feel like I am missing something at work, I do a lot of outside studying already however still feel like i am out of the loop when it comes to understanding the reasoning behind my patients care plan. I crave to know and feel like MD may satisfy my hunger! Can anyone else relate???

I am an a very good place financially, so its not the money.

Situation: I was a pre-pharm major so I did Orgo1 and 2 (both A's) and Calc 1 ( A) as well as physic 1 (A) however it was more than 5 years ago at a state school.

So my question is should I retake these prereq at a university or just the ones I am missing?

ps: I do not have no interest in NP or CRNA, go big or go home.

😀

You'll likely have to retake if the preteqs are 5 years old, usually that takes 2 years including the MCAT. You'll be 28-29 if it goes exactly to plan. 4 years of med school, 33, want to be a specialist to satisfy that craving? Another 4 years of residency and a couple more for the fellowship. You'll be 38 your first year as an attending.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're looking for about a year of pre-requisites classes, MCAT, 8 to 9 years of med school+residency+fellowship. So if you can afford to work hard for 10 years and be 200K in debt i'll say go for it.
 
Hey everyone!

Thanks for clicking and reading : )

About me: 26, BSN, ER/ICU experience who wants more out of work. I feel like I am missing something at work, I do a lot of outside studying already however still feel like i am out of the loop when it comes to understanding the reasoning behind my patients care plan. I crave to know and feel like MD may satisfy my hunger! Can anyone else relate???

I am an a very good place financially, so its not the money.

Situation: I was a pre-pharm major so I did Orgo1 and 2 (both A's) and Calc 1 ( A) as well as physic 1 (A) however it was more than 5 years ago at a state school.

So my question is should I retake these prereq at a university or just the ones I am missing?

ps: I do not have no interest in NP or CRNA, go big or go home.

😀

I envy the career switcher MD's! Couple of my classmates are former scribes/medics and they are like a fount of medical knowledge. Good idea OP, follow your dream to the MD and good luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile