Rnsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peehdee

don't have one
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you belong to the Radiological Society of North America (RNSA)? Either as a student or later?

If so what did you get out of it, if any?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have gone to the RSNA twice during residency. It is the biggest medical meeting in the world. I loved it and was totally awed both times. What you get out of it is determined by why you went there in the first place. What do you want from going there? It has a huge educational and CME lecture component, an educational poster component, a research presentations component, a research poster component, hands-on-courses component, a medical informatics component, a large trade show with the latest toys and technology, and multiple social events too. So, what do you want from the meeting?

P.S. You can also goof around and have fun in Chicago too, though the first week of December is probably not the optimal time for that. By the way, you misspelled RSNA.

Docxter said:
I have gone to the RSNA twice during residency. It is the biggest medical meeting in the world. I loved it and was totally awed both times. What you get out of it is determined by why you went there in the first place. What do you want from going there? It has a huge educational and CME lecture component, an educational poster component, a research presentations component, a research poster component, hands-on-courses component, a medical informatics component, a large trade show with the latest toys and technology, and multiple social events too. So, what do you want from the meeting?

P.S. You can also goof around and have fun in Chicago too, though the first week of December is probably not the optimal time for that. By the way, you misspelled RSNA.

LOL.. thanks Docxter for the correction about RSNA.

I take it that you're a radiology person? I keep hearing about anatomy being very important. How much of your basic first year gross anatomy did you remember once you got into your residency? And if you are in radiology right now, did everyone that got into rad pretty much have honors in their gross class?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody will care about your anatomy class. But in order to get into radiology, you need to pretty much be near the top of your class overall.

peehdee said:
LOL.. thanks Docxter for the correction about RSNA.

I take it that you're a radiology person? I keep hearing about anatomy being very important. How much of your basic first year gross anatomy did you remember once you got into your residency? And if you are in radiology right now, did everyone that got into rad pretty much have honors in their gross class?

Thanks

Hi,
Anats is very important for good radiology interpretation but its more of a radiological anatomy.What matters more is the "relations"between different organs and body parts.
Hth

RSNA membership is free as a medstudent and resident (at least last time I checked), so why not join if you are interested in radiology? You get the Radiology (grey journal) and Radiographics free as well.

RSNA is one of the greatest radiology meetings to attend that you have to see to believe. It's scope is enormous.