Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

road map pharmacology

Discussion in 'Step I' started by smalley, Feb 21, 2007.

1. smalley

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    any1 using road map pharmacology........seems its by the same authors trevor and katzung
    is it a good concise review for pharma?
    ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mesoderm

mesoderm Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yes, I think so...I use both Big Kat and Baby Kat for pharm, and I recently flipped through this little gem, and I liked it...will probably get it used off Amazon.com ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. t33sg1rl

t33sg1rl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I picked it up at a used book sale. If you're happy with a Step 1 score somewhere between Pass and 215, this is probably enough for your pharm review. If you're hoping for above average scores, you'll be better off with Middle Sized Katzung.
    I'm not exactly sure what my Step 1 pharm strategy is going to be-I have a sinking feeling that Pharm is going to stand out as one of my weak areas, meaning that I'll probably spend more time with Middle Katzung than Baby. I'm going to start my first day of Board studying with the full length 350 question Kaplan diagnostic, and let it tell me what I need to focus on!

4. Taus

Taus .
    Moderator Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    what are you basing that on?....the majority of people I have talked to who scored well above the average stated that the pharm in First Aid is enough

5. domer621

domer621 MS4
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I like the book. It was highly recommended to me by a 3rd year who scored quite higher than a 215 on the Step.

6. OP
    OP
    smalley

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks...will pick up 1 from amazon:)