• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

smalley

10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
any1 using road map pharmacology........seems its by the same authors trevor and katzung
is it a good concise review for pharma?
;)

mesoderm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
Yes, I think so...I use both Big Kat and Baby Kat for pharm, and I recently flipped through this little gem, and I liked it...will probably get it used off Amazon.com ;)

t33sg1rl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
Ohio
Status (Visible)
I picked it up at a used book sale. If you're happy with a Step 1 score somewhere between Pass and 215, this is probably enough for your pharm review. If you're hoping for above average scores, you'll be better off with Middle Sized Katzung.
I'm not exactly sure what my Step 1 pharm strategy is going to be-I have a sinking feeling that Pharm is going to stand out as one of my weak areas, meaning that I'll probably spend more time with Middle Katzung than Baby. I'm going to start my first day of Board studying with the full length 350 question Kaplan diagnostic, and let it tell me what I need to focus on!

Taus

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I picked it up at a used book sale. If you're happy with a Step 1 score somewhere between Pass and 215, this is probably enough for your pharm review. If you're hoping for above average scores, you'll be better off with Middle Sized Katzung.
I'm not exactly sure what my Step 1 pharm strategy is going to be-I have a sinking feeling that Pharm is going to stand out as one of my weak areas, meaning that I'll probably spend more time with Middle Katzung than Baby. I'm going to start my first day of Board studying with the full length 350 question Kaplan diagnostic, and let it tell me what I need to focus on!

what are you basing that on?....the majority of people I have talked to who scored well above the average stated that the pharm in First Aid is enough

About the Ads

domer621

MS4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I like the book. It was highly recommended to me by a 3rd year who scored quite higher than a 215 on the Step.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.