Robbins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been answered before. I did a search as well, but the first couple pages of results didn't yield the answer. So, I hope someone won't mind anwering the following. What does "big Robbins" mean? Is this the 1500-page, full-blown textbook? What does "baby Robbins" mean? Is this the question book? Regardless of what it is called, is the question book an accompaniment to the big text for practicing/self-testing? Thanks for playing.

Members don't see this ad.

Big Robbins is the main text book.

Baby Robbins is a pocket book based off the text book.

The question book is another resource that is based off the text book - for self testing. I found it to be good prep for my pathology courses.

trouta said:
Big Robbins is the main text book.

Baby Robbins is a pocket book based off the text book.

The question book is another resource that is based off the text book - for self testing. I found it to be good prep for my pathology courses.

I agree with Trouta about the question book. I use big robbins for class. Its a long read but it definetly helps me. If you have the time, motivation and discipline, it will help you out (there are some bad chapters I think - like renal).

Harika93 said:
I agree with Trouta about the question book. I use big robbins for class. Its a long read but it definetly helps me. If you have the time, motivation and discipline, it will help you out (there are some bad chapters I think - like renal).

Does anyone know someone who's used baby robbins for rotations 3rd year and thought it was a good idea? i'm considering purchasing a copy.

Members don't see this ad :)
er....i thought baby robbins was 'basic pathology', not the pocketbook

MDFACC said:
er....i thought baby robbins was 'basic pathology', not the pocketbook

Nope that's the medium Robbins. Baby Robbins is the pocket book.

never mind i take it back

papa robbins = big daddy
mama = basic pathology
baby = pocket book

MDFACC said:
never mind i take it back

papa robbins = big daddy
mama = basic pathology
baby = pocket book
bastard stepson = robbins review of pathology