Robbins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspire123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
High guys I have an old edition of Robbins, its the 5th edition. I think it was released around 1995. I have it because a family friend gave it to me. I think its on the 8th edition at the moment.

I'm just wondering if its any use at all? Do I need a new one?

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend getting a new one just because the understanding of genetics involvement in alot of diseases has become much more clearer since 1995. You would be better of getting the 8th edition.

I don't have the old edition to compare; however, the changes in medicine since 1995 are vast. We understand the pathophsiology of things much better than before. If it was embryo, histo, anatomy I would say use the old edition; however, for disease the epidemiology data and disease process is definately better explained compared to some of the old sources I have seen. It's a good resource to have in the long run. If you want you could also just get the RR Goljan which is pretty much Robbins in outline form.