Rock and a hard place

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slamminmf

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay. I will try to be brief. Before I applied to AZCOM and COMP I applied to AUC and was accepted. At that point I was ready to move on in my life. I will be 36 years old this August. I am married and my wife is quite ready for me to get on with things. I received interviews from both AZCOM and COMP. The AZCOM interview went seemed great and the COMP one was not that great. I got put on the alternate list at AZCOM and COMP did not want me. I am slated to go to AUC in May but I have requested a postponement. I have already postponed once. My wife does not understand ( you're going to be a doctor either way"). She will not be going with me regardless of where I go. I desparately want to go to AZCOM because the place is great. It just felt right. If I don't get in I don't really want to reapply (getting older as well as my wife getting impatient) but AUC is a long, hard road. I have tried to keep in touch with AZCOM without being a pest. Most everyone on the board seems pretty understanding so I thought I would throw this out there. Any advice? There is more information( as there always is) but I wanted to be somewhat brief. Thanks. Slamminmf

Members don't see this ad.

What is AUC?

If you can accept at the Carrribean school and reserve the spot while still on the waiting list at AZCOM, I would do that. I would also definitely write a letter or call the AZCOM admissions people and explain your situation and make sure they know your level of interest.

Good luck!

before you go to AUC,

I suggest that you visit the school and country. I did and spoke with several students there and admisistrations facutly.

They loose about 30-40 students every semster and the school itself is nice but i strongly recommend that you visit.

They suggest that you have transportation once you're there and that can be expensive. The school itself is somewhat miselading in some of their informatin. and again, the best thing is to visit the school..ask yourself why is there such a high attrition rate..visit the labs and library..that was the best way for me to decide for myself.

good luck.