Rocky Mountain U of HP...interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greco13

PT, DPT, ECS, OCS, ATC
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody offered an interview @ RMU yet? It's become my #1. Really hoping for an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview there on Feb. 16. I heard from them on Jan. 4th. Hopefully you hear something from them soon!

i heard from them on jan 4 as well, also interviewing on feb 16. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
same here. does anyone know how they chose interview invites (pure numbers/whole applicant/etc)? also, anyone know if they will have a later interview date? trying to keep my hope alive here!

same here. does anyone know how they chose interview invites (pure numbers/whole applicant/etc)? also, anyone know if they will have a later interview date? trying to keep my hope alive here!

They have an interview on 2/8 too. Don't know about later ones...

I'm interviewing on the 8th. Really excited about it and looking forward to it. What do you all like about RMUoHP that makes it one of your top picks?

I'm interviewing on the 8th. Really excited about it and looking forward to it. What do you all like about RMUoHP that makes it one of your top picks?

I don't like anything about it. you don't want to go there ;)

I also have an interview there on Feb 8th. As was said before, I think that the Feb 8th and Feb 16th weekends are their first round.

I like that it's a small school and 2 1/2 yrs. I don't like that you have to go out of state for clinicals the last year.

I like that it's a small school and 2 1/2 yrs. I don't like that you have to go out of state for clinicals the last year.

This isn't 100% true. I'm in my final year at rmuohp and my year long clinical is all in state. I'd say of the 44 in my classe, 8 or so are staying in Utah for their year long...

Obviously you aren't guaranteed to be able to stay (if you need to for whatever reason..) in state, but it's a decent shot.

This isn't 100% true. I'm in my final year at rmuohp and my year long clinical is all in state. I'd say of the 44 in my classe, 8 or so are staying in Utah for their year long...

Obviously you aren't guaranteed to be able to stay (if you need to for whatever reason..) in state, but it's a decent shot.
thanks for that info, that's good to know!

a guy in one of my classes told me he interviewed here last week...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. Did he say anything about the process or how the interview went?

he interviewed with the director and a current student and toured the building. he said it went well and he liked it there but didn't give me any details.

anybody know how many ppl interview on an interview date? Think they'll interview beyond February?

I interviewed with Rocky Mountain at the beginning of January. They had a few days of early interviews. They told me that they will have two later interview dates on the 8th and 16th of February where they will bring in a total of about 80 more applicants. Then they will start sending out acceptances after the 16th.

I interviewed with Rocky Mountain at the beginning of January. They had a few days of early interviews. They told me that they will have two later interview dates on the 8th and 16th of February where they will bring in a total of about 80 more applicants. Then they will start sending out acceptances after the 16th.

:cry:

Sorry... That sucks. Did you ever get a letter or anything from RMU?

Na. Haven't got officially rejected yet. Def. had some weak spots in my app. Oh well. One offer is all ya need to become a PT.

Got an interview! 2/16. I'll be contacting some of you for info. about your interview if you don't mind.

Got an interview! 2/16. I'll be contacting some of you for info. about your interview if you don't mind.

Hey Greco13 - Congratulations on the interview. I know RMU was high on your list. Best of luck to you, I hope you get in.

Awesome! I will be seeing you there Greco13! Congrats. If you hear anything about the interview process, let me know please!

anyone care to share any information regarding their interview?

So I already shared this info with Greco13 but I figure I will share the info with everyone else. I did an early interview there in January. I am sure it will be different this time but my interview lasted about 30 minutes with the director and a professor. It was pretty laid back. They asked the usual questions of things like why do you want to be a PT, why Rocky Mountain, tell me about yourself, and then several questions of tell me about a time when. . . So be prepared to talk about a lot of experiences you have had in the past. There was not any really hard questions that I was completely stumped on or anything about politics like vision 2020 but that could also vary depending on who you interview with. Good luck with your interviews!

I've been waitlisted. Does everyone who wasn't offered get tossed on the waitlist? If so, looks like it could be 50+ deep. RMU doesn't disclose waitlist rank.

I heard that not everyone gets wait listed, but I do not know if that is true or not because I just heard it from someone. But on the bright side I know several people who got accepted at RMU and it is not their top choice school, more like their fall back if they don't get accepted anywhere else. With it being a newer program, and the cost of tuition getting raised significantly after they received accreditation, I feel like a lot of people will be turning down the acceptance offer if they have a choice. I am for sure turning down my acceptance because I have two other acceptances at schools that I feel are a better fit for me. Good luck. Hope you get off of the wait list!

I heard that not everyone gets wait listed, but I do not know if that is true or not because I just heard it from someone. But on the bright side I know several people who got accepted at RMU and it is not their top choice school, more like their fall back if they don't get accepted anywhere else. With it being a newer program, and the cost of tuition getting raised significantly after they received accreditation, I feel like a lot of people will be turning down the acceptance offer if they have a choice. I am for sure turning down my acceptance because I have two other acceptances at schools that I feel are a better fit for me. Good luck. Hope you get off of the wait list!

Yeah. That was a pretty substantial hike. It's still the cheapest program I applied to considering the relatively early summer start & shorter overall length.

I believe that I will be turning the offer down as well. I've decided on the University of Utah instead, but I do have a lot of respect for the faculty at RMU! They are a fun group to work with!

:thumbup:
I believe that I will be turning the offer down as well. I've decided on the University of Utah instead, but I do have a lot of respect for the faculty at RMU! They are a fun group to work with!

Yeah. That was a pretty substantial hike. It's still the cheapest program I applied to considering the relatively early summer start & shorter overall length.

Just out of curiosity, how much of an increase in tuition is coming and when does it take effect ?

Just out of curiosity, how much of an increase in tuition is coming and when does it take effect ?

talking to the students during the interview it sounded like it already had this semester. tuition is up to like 79k for the whole program.

I anticipate further jumps in years to come. The director told me I would be getting a 120k education there, that just kind of insinuates to me that they may jump the rates even higher in the future. They do offer things that aren't offered anywhere else, but it is up to the individual if it is worth the price I guess.

I anticipate further jumps in years to come. The director told me I would be getting a 120k education there, that just kind of insinuates to me that they may jump the rates even higher in the future. They do offer things that aren't offered anywhere else, but it is up to the individual if it is worth the price I guess.

offer things like what?

50 + weeks of clinicals with the majority in the setting you want to practice in.

Is the class full yet or what?