Rocky Vista vs. Des Moines University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coloradoguy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am having a very hard time deciding between two schools I was accepted at: Rocky Vista or Des Moines University. As I understand it the advantage to Des Moines University is that it is more established. The difficulty of the decision is that I live in Colorado which is a beautiful and great place to live and where I have lots of friends and family (Although most of them live about an hour away from the school).

The big question I have is what real significant advantages does Des Moines offer over Rocky Vista, and will it likely affect the quality of residency I am able to obtain. I appreciate any good insight.
 
I am having a very hard time deciding between two schools I was accepted at: Rocky Vista or Des Moines University. As I understand it the advantage to Des Moines University is that it is more established. The difficulty of the decision is that I live in Colorado which is a beautiful and great place to live and where I have lots of friends and family (Although most of them live about an hour away from the school).

The big question I have is what real significant advantages does Des Moines offer over Rocky Vista, and will it likely affect the quality of residency I am able to obtain. I appreciate any good insight.

As another guy from Colorado, I didn't like the fact that I wouldn't be close to home to see family/friends, but after seeing DMU, I really felt like it was a good place for me to train. I have several friends at RVU and they all seem to love the school. My only advice would be to go where you personally feel comfortable. You've already touched on DMU's rep, but honestly I think both are capable of providing great education to their students.

If you want specifics on why I personally chose DMU being from colorado just PM me and I'll try to help!