Rocky Vista?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the record, neither HealthOne or Centura are 'off the table'. In fact, Centura never went anywhere according to my latest talk with the Dean. And HealthOne is in the midst of communicating with RVU regarding clerkships. That's the latest from the Dean. The 1st and 2nd years will all find out the latest developments that occured over the summer in a short 3 weeks.

Thank you for the best wishes. Good luck to you as well. Take care!

In that case, the directors of those systems must have been fabricating their stories. Never know who to believe these days! :rolleyes:
I still suggest you dig deeper rather than relying on those doing damage control and who are receiving a paycheck.
However, it's good to be hopeful.

Members don't see this ad.

In that case, the directors of those systems must have been fabricating their stories. Never know who to believe these days! :rolleyes:
I still suggest you dig deeper rather than relying on those doing damage control and who are receiving a paycheck.
However, it's good to be hopeful.

Yeah, there is still time for anything to happen really. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to do some clerkships here at the U. For now I guess I get to enjoy getting my paycheck working in the ED and having CU's 3rd and 4th years tell me how much they enjoy learning from me.

I will continue to trust who I choose to trust and let it work itself out. Mama always said '**** happens for a reason and everything always works out in the end'.

Members don't see this ad :)
weeine roast, could you provide the link to the source that you are citing about RVU losing rotational spots?

weeine roast, could you provide the link to the source that you are citing about RVU losing rotational spots?

Both sides are just heresay really. True hospital-situated rotations are not "on the table" since the political coup at RVU, at least with centura and healthone. That's the word on the street/hospitals where I am anyway and nothing more.

Doesn't affect us much with Ansch these days anyway. The RVU intent appears to have changed with suspect (we'll see) based on the rumor mill. Let's just say some people with some serious pull aren't smilin' - that's fact. :( I just don't see those contracts with the hospitals getting lined up in the next year now that they've been yanked (speculation).

At the risk of hurting feelings or making people defensive I'll just leave it to find out on their own. My intent wasn't to make matters worse. :eek:

what do you make of the new board makeup? really- where is the oversight and checks and balances?????

Everyone is entitled to their opinions about 'Profit' or 'Not-for-Profit', but unless everyone is planning on becoming "Not-for-Profit" doctors, you all just sound hypocritical, and maybe just a little too angry. Personally, I'd like to hear some objective pros and cons about the school. I am accepted here and a few other places, and want to know where to choose based on fact, not personal bias. Can people drop the emotional crap and just talk about what is real? If you don't like the school, don't go there. Enjoy the application process at the other 149 not-for profit schools in the US. But, I liked my interview time there, and if anyone has anything to contribute to an objective conversation, please PM me, as I won't return to this thread.

One little poke...Come on people, lets try and at least sound like doctors.
DP

Everyone is entitled to their opinions about 'Profit' or 'Not-for-Profit', but unless everyone is planning on becoming "Not-for-Profit" doctors, you all just sound hypocritical, and maybe just a little too angry. Personally, I'd like to hear some objective pros and cons about the school. I am accepted here and a few other places, and want to know where to choose based on fact, not personal bias. Can people drop the emotional crap and just talk about what is real? If you don't like the school, don't go there. Enjoy the application process at the other 149 not-for profit schools in the US. But, I liked my interview time there, and if anyone has anything to contribute to an objective conversation, please PM me, as I won't return to this thread.

DP
r

I have no heartburn over the profit - nonprofit issue. Perhaps this is mere anectdoctal, but I and several of my friends applied and sent in the $50 along with our Secondary application. We all live in the Southeast (not in the Rocky Mountain Region) and received near instant rejection letters. RVU couldn't have even looked at my application as the LORs hadn't all arrived.

I conclude that accepting our applications with a rejection letter so quickly was a merely a revenue generation event. Just my opinion but at least everywhere else I applied I got a fair shot. Not at RVU. If you got an interview and perhaps an acceptance more power to you. I have no beef with those who decide to attend. Good luck to you.

I called RVU when I got the rejection letter and was told that very few people are accepted outside of the region. How about being totally upfront about it? This fact is glossed over in their literature. I wonder how many others feel the same way I do? :p

How about being totally upfront about it? This fact is glossed over in their literature. I wonder how many others feel the same way I do? :p

East Carolina's Brody School of Medicine (an MD school) lists an out-of-state tuition... but they have NEVER taken a student from outside of North Carolina. They don't tell you that... but it looks like you could get an interview there. University of Misssissippi is the same way. If I was to look further I could probably find even more for you. It's not just an RVU thing. You have no argument.

East Carolina's Brody School of Medicine (an MD school) lists an out-of-state tuition... but they have NEVER taken a student from outside of North Carolina. They don't tell you that... but it looks like you could get an interview there. University of Misssissippi is the same way. If I was to look further I could probably find even more for you. It's not just an RVU thing. You have no argument.

I could write an epic greek poem about the barrage of schools that play these games .....

DP

There is a bigger issue you really aren't touching on. The for-profit institution doesn't equate to the not-for profit doctor. Listen, the bottom line is that people did overreact to the RVU situation. There were literally people on SDN talking about the end of Osteopathic medicine and believe it or not ... a couple of years later, the sky has not fallen. You'll find this frequently in life. However, the for-profit status is still no-bueno, and doesn't help that's its a DO school that has strings to AUC leadership. However, I've always thought we should just stand back and see what they do. If they train well, set up good rotations (and even residencies) and produce good physicians ... it probably all comes out in the wash. I also think that for all the crap people give the AOA, it's not going to approve another for-profit school.

r

I have no heartburn over the profit - nonprofit issue. Perhaps this is mere anectdoctal, but I and several of my friends applied and sent in the $50 along with our Secondary application. We all live in the Southeast (not in the Rocky Mountain Region) and received near instant rejection letters. RVU couldn't have even looked at my application as the LORs hadn't all arrived.

I conclude that accepting our applications with a rejection letter so quickly was a merely a revenue generation event. Just my opinion but at least everywhere else I applied I got a fair shot. Not at RVU. If you got an interview and perhaps an acceptance more power to you. I have no beef with those who decide to attend. Good luck to you.

I called RVU when I got the rejection letter and was told that very few people are accepted outside of the region. How about being totally upfront about it? This fact is glossed over in their literature. I wonder how many others feel the same way I do? :p

I know of 2 people from Oklahoma that were accepted this year already

According to that website, only 58% comes from the region and Colorado. Also the person I know that interviewed and was accepted there told me that the accept something like 400 students for the 160 spots. The other 240 are people that chose not to attend. Surely some of those are from outside the region.