ROL advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KollerMD

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m a Residency Match Applicant (Pathology), and currently making my rank list. I would greatly appreciate some insight and advice regarding ranking UChicago vs NorthWestern. I prefer moving to Chicago and like both programs, however, I wonder which program I should be ranking higher than the other based on your experiences.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I’m a Residency Match Applicant (Pathology), and currently making my rank list. I would greatly appreciate some insight and advice regarding ranking UChicago vs NorthWestern. I prefer moving to Chicago and like both programs, however, I wonder which program I should be ranking higher than the other based on your experiences.

Thank you!

Both are good programs in Chicago, especially if you want to stay in Chicago. I’d rather work in downtown though lol, so NU it is. I would base your selection on which program has a curriculum which suits you, the residents and has a fellowship you may be interested in.

Reputation matters alot in Pathology. U Chicago has a better reputation and overall stronger curriculum and stronger alumni placement. however, the location of NU is allegedly better. So depends on your priorities.