ROL CERTIFIED! Who else?

Started by deleted113029
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted113029

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Certified yesterday afternoon. Cannot wait to see where my wife and I will end up!🙂

Good luck to us all! :luck:
 
Saved but not Certified. Still struggling with #1 vs #2, the rest of the ROL im certain about. Its killing me, one day I wake up and Program A is #1, the next day I wake thinking Program B is my #1...AHHHHHHHH :scared: Its such a key decision b/c I'm interested in mostly smaller programs and I got really good feedback, so I feel I will get my #1.... so I have to get this right!

E-Mo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No effin clue at this point. #1, #2, and #3 interchange on almost an hourly basis if I sit around and really think about it. Step II studying is dulling the pain of thinking about my ROL though, which is a nice bonus (although USMLEworld is bringing a different kind of pain). Ugh...

Edit: I hate you bastards that have already figured out your ROLs. 🙂
 
No effin clue at this point. #1, #2, and #3 interchange on almost an hourly basis if I sit around and really think about it. Step II studying is dulling the pain of thinking about my ROL though, which is a nice bonus (although USMLEworld is bringing a different kind of pain). Ugh...

Edit: I hate you bastards that have already figured out your ROLs. 🙂

My #1 and #2 are set, it's the following ones that I am having trouble reconciling....
 
Hi guys. Congrats on getting your ROL (almost) set. May I ask how many programs you are ranking? I have 7. I may rank only 5 of them.
 
Hi guys. Congrats on getting your ROL (almost) set. May I ask how many programs you are ranking? I have 7. I may rank only 5 of them.

I interviewed at 7 and am ranking all 7. The only way that I wouldn't rank someplace that I had been to was if they were absolutely the most disorganized place with hellish people AND it was in a ****ty city.
 
I interviewed at 7 and am ranking all 7. The only way that I wouldn't rank someplace that I had been to was if they were absolutely the most disorganized place with hellish people AND it was in a ****ty city.

tell me UCSF is no1
 
i absolutely know my #1 choice. it's #2 through ?? i don't know about...

i interviewed at 13 programs. all are in locations i would be happy to live for 4-6 years. it's gonna take me some time to figure out how to list them. i think i will end up ranking all of them since they are all great.

my impression is that people don't really go past their #2-3 choice so i don't know if i need to torture myself over anything past top 3.

ultimately, i have invested a lot of time and energy in my #1 choice so my hope is that that's where i'll end up.

good luck to everyone.
 
I interviewed at 7 and plan on ranking 6, but I'm in the same situation as UCSFbound. I can't make a final decision among my top 3. My husband made post-its for each program, which are posted on the wall in my rank order of the day, so that he can keep up with my changing plans. I have one place that I think I would be happiest going to, but still worry that it may be better (in the long run) being from one of the other two places. There is so much to weigh in this decision. I guess the good thing is that all are good programs, and no matter where I end up, I think I will be fine.
 
tell me UCSF is no1

It was yesterday. If only it would stay there... We could kick it on the routine if I end up there. Heading to the city next week to chill for a few days before boards.

As an aside, I have in place a request to change my handle prior to Match Day... just in case.
 
It was yesterday. If only it would stay there... We could kick it on the routine if I end up there. Heading to the city next week to chill for a few days before boards.

As an aside, I have in place a request to change my handle prior to Match Day... just in case.

I have a request in to laugh my ass off if all the sudden we see a 'LomaLindaBound' posting the day after match.:laugh:
 
I have a request in to laugh my ass off if all the sudden we see a 'LomaLindaBound' posting the day after match.:laugh:

Loma Linda? Is that place even inhabitable? Its only like 2 hours from Vegas, so I'm going out on a limb and saying no. There will be no references to institutions in my new handle, scout's honor.
 
I have a request in to laugh my ass off if all the sudden we see a 'LomaLindaBound' posting the day after match.:laugh:

Whoaa! Please explain. I don't know anything about California programs. Is this program a really bad one? I assume it is based on that, but please explain why. I'm applying next year and thought it seemed like a decent program, but I don't know jack.
 
Whoaa! Please explain. I don't know anything about California programs. Is this program a really bad one? I assume it is based on that, but please explain why. I'm applying next year and thought it seemed like a decent program, but I don't know jack.

Loma Linda is fine, but the city is no SF.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Loma Linda is fine, but the city is no SF.

Oh. Thx for the clarification. That's okay, where I live now is DEFINITELY not SF either.

nowhere.jpg
 
*LOL* Funny cartoon... well, guys, look on the bright side of life. No need to consider where to put MSKCC in the ROL..... 😀
 
Edit: I hate you bastards that have already figured out your ROLs. 🙂

😛
I made a spreadsheet with 8 categories each worth 10 points. My top 4 were only separated by 4 points or so. So good news is that I will most likely be happy wherever I go. Bad news is I will most likely end up in an overpriced neighborhood. Thank God my wife has a job!
 
anyone care to actually share their ROL?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. 😉

I ranked 10 (just to be on the safe side). In no specific order:
Hopkins
MGH
BIDMC
BWH
Stanford
UCSF
Michigan
UPenn
WashU
Iowa

I recently told my #1 that they were #1. That's all that really matters to me at this point.
 
Hi guys. Congrats on getting your ROL (almost) set. May I ask how many programs you are ranking? I have 7. I may rank only 5 of them.

Certified the ROL (but might change.....) I went on 10 interviews and ranked all 10. I could be happy at any of them but hope for 1-3....
 
😛
I made a spreadsheet with 8 categories each worth 10 points. My top 4 were only separated by 4 points or so. So good news is that I will most likely be happy wherever I go. Bad news is I will most likely end up in an overpriced neighborhood. Thank God my wife has a job!

Jeez...I thought I was the only dork that was so obsessive/compulsive to have a spreadsheet with a scoring system...😀

And with the same outcome...my top 4 are all within 5 points of each other!
 
Oh. Thx for the clarification. That's okay, where I live now is DEFINITELY not SF either.

nowhere.jpg

Best part of Loma Linda/ Riverside/ San Bernadino County is that you get all the LA pollution and traffic, with none of the LA benefits (beach, restaurants, nightlife). Gotta love that deal.
 
Jeez...I thought I was the only dork that was so obsessive/compulsive to have a spreadsheet with a scoring system...😀

And with the same outcome...my top 4 are all within 5 points of each other!

Yeah, making a list and assigning points will not help me separate my top 3. Most of the factors I am tossing around have little to do with the training opportunities and more to do with the social and life outside of work aspects. All of which are in pricey areas as well (duh).
 
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. 😉

i'm an MS3, but i'll be glad to share my ROL in a year. till then i just like reading about what some of ya'll are up to.

ps - if i say " ya'll " at an interview anywhere north of Atlanta next year, you think that'll count against me? :laugh:
 
Yeah, making a list and assigning points will not help me separate my top 3. Most of the factors I am tossing around have little to do with the training opportunities and more to do with the social and life outside of work aspects. All of which are in pricey areas as well (duh).


Ditto...they have point values too.😳
 
i'm an MS3, but i'll be glad to share my ROL in a year. till then i just like reading about what some of ya'll are up to.

ps - if i say " ya'll " at an interview anywhere north of Atlanta next year, you think that'll count against me? :laugh:

I wouldn't hold it against you.
 
Well, let's see if ppl post their ROL's this year. I remember during my year, we had a pretty good thread devoted to posting rank lists and hundreds, if not thousands, of folks were logged into the path forum in mid-February. Last year was kinda weak though. Was there even a ROL thread even? 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a request in to laugh my ass off if all the sudden we see a 'LomaLindaBound' posting the day after match.:laugh:

Name change request now officially in...in a few short days this blasted handle will be no more. 👍
 
Well, let's see if ppl post their ROL's this year. I remember during my year, we had a pretty good thread devoted to posting rank lists and hundreds, if not thousands, of folks were logged into the path forum in mid-February. Last year was kinda weak though. Was there even a ROL thread even? 😉

I'll post my ROL when I figure it out.
 
I am ranking 7 programs. I have #s 1, 4 and 7 worked out. 2 and 3 are really tough but i think i have 5 and 6 worked out. i think i am going to try that post-it idea. i have not certified nor saved my list. i am so nervous about this.:scared: yup i'm scurred...:scared:
 
I am ranking 7 programs. I have #s 1, 4 and 7 worked out. 2 and 3 are really tough but i think i have 5 and 6 worked out. i think i am going to try that post-it idea. i have not certified nor saved my list. i am so nervous about this.:scared: yup i'm scurred...:scared:


Aw, c'mon...it's not like the next four years of our lives will dictate fellowship or job options afterwards, right?😉 😛 😉
 
Well Im sleeping good from now on. I sorted out #1 vs #2 today. I had a phone conference follow-up with my two top choices and then I declared myself to my top choice. Ahhhh..feels good to have this all worked out. 🙂 👍
 
i already declared myslef to my #1 no problem. THAT part was easy. it is a very competitive program though so i don't know.... i think for 2 & 3 i am going to tell them either they are in my top 3 or that i have ranked them highly. if i get my #7 i will be mad not because i don't want to go there but becaus ei will feel misled by some of the other programs. but i would rather go to that program than scramble.
 
Well, since I started this thread...here it is:

BWH
MGH
Stanford
UCSF
Hopkins
BIDMC
Michigan
WashU
UPenn
Iowa

We'll see what happens...and again, good luck to everyone with their ROL and match. 🙂
 
Well, since I started this thread...here it is:

BWH
MGH
Stanford
UCSF
Hopkins
BIDMC
Michigan
WashU
UPenn
Iowa

We'll see what happens...and again, good luck to everyone with their ROL and match. 🙂

Fight Club rule no.1: Never list more programs for the match than the number of women you have slept with.
 
Villin,

all of 10 programs in your list are very top programs.

what do you think about Yale, UPMC, CWRU, Chicago, UWash, BCM, Cornell, and Columbia?
 
Fight Club rule no.1: Never list more programs for the match than the number of women you have slept with.

I don't suffer from schizophrenia, but if I did then my original ROL length still stands.

Villin,

all of 10 programs in your list are very top programs.

what do you think about Yale, UPMC, CWRU, Chicago, UWash, BCM, Cornell, and Columbia?

I don't pretend to "know" the programs you listed. I think there have been discussions in the past about those programs. But with that said, all the programs are very solid except for maybe CWRU...just my opinion.
 
Wow...early ROL posts...when are the final rank lists due though? Sometime in February or did they move that date up now?
 
No the deadline is Feb. 21 but some of us medical students still have rotations to finish so it is best for me to submit it now before rotations start back up. 😛
 
Well, since I started this thread...here it is:

BWH
MGH
Stanford
UCSF
Hopkins
BIDMC
Michigan
WashU
UPenn
Iowa

We'll see what happens...and again, good luck to everyone with their ROL and match. 🙂

With a rank list like that, I'm figuring that all your ranks after #1 are purely academic no matter who you put #1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ROL certified, and I am very happy.🙂 I interviewed at 10, and am ranking 8 (6 in California, 2 in Texas). The two I am not ranking were the ones that offer no CP during yrs 1 and 2. I am into the molecular path, and don't want to wait that long to see CP. Best of luck to everyone!
 
Since there is less than 2 weeks until the deadline, I thought I might as well share my ROL:

1 University of Virginia
2 Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO (Wash U)
3 Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
4 Brigham & Womens Hosp-MA
5 Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC
6 Massachusetts Gen Hosp
7 Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC
8 B I Deaconess Med Ctr-MA
9 U North Carolina Hospitals
10 Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys

35 days til match day. Good luck all.
 
Here's another

1. Hopkins
2. BWH
3. UVa
4. Vandy
5. Iowa
6. Duke
7. UNC
8. WashU
9. MGH

Good luck everyone. :luck:😀
 
kudos to those of you who posted your list!
and 😱 those are some big name programs you have ranked 😱 sdn is really full of overacheivers....

i guess i'm not confident enough to post my list. of course I really do need to stop certifying it,changing it, recertifying it, changing it and then certifying it all over again....
 
Mine's certified, but my paranoia keeps me from posting it here-- I'm not exactly anonymous, and if you have some extra time you could figure out my identity, but then I'd have to kill you. I'll post on Feb 21 though.