Rolling Admissions/ Verification from OptomCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAB1215

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently visited NECO and met with an admissions representative there who mentioned that NECO begins interviewing students in the beginning of September. So, I was wondering, since interviews do not start until then, obviously no seats could be filled yet. In terms of rolling admissions then, I was thinking, does it not make a huge difference then if you submit your application in July vs submitting it in August? Because technically the person who submitted in July would not have taken a seat yet, as interviews aren't extended until September? I'm asking because I was planning on submitting my application in the beginning of August; however, I am currently studying for the OAT (which I'm taking on August 8th) so I haven't really had much time to focus on my application just yet. Therefore, if I don't get to submit my application until let's say, mid to late August, would that have a huge effect on me in regards to rolling admissions? I'm also aware that it can take OptomCAS up to 4 weeks to verify applications. Does it usually take this long? Wondering if anyone could also share how long it took OptomCAS to verify their application.
Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting for OptomCAS to verify my transcripts, but don't let that stop you from submitting your application. I was offered an interview at OSU without having my transcripts verified yet, so schools are still able to view your application without everything being completely done. With regards to seats being filled, the only difference that I think it would make would be if they have a limited number of interviews per day, so the longer that you wait the earlier interview dates in September could fill up.

I'm still waiting for OptomCAS to verify my transcripts, but don't let that stop you from submitting your application. I was offered an interview at OSU without having my transcripts verified yet, so schools are still able to view your application without everything being completely done. With regards to seats being filled, the only difference that I think it would make would be if they have a limited number of interviews per day, so the longer that you wait the earlier interview dates in September could fill up.

Since you have already submitted your app maybe you know the answer to my question.

Can you add a lor after submitting the OptomCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you have already submitted your app maybe you know the answer to my question.

Can you add a lor after submitting the OptomCAS?

It's giving me an option to submit an additional evaluation request, so I would say that the answer is yes. It even seems that I am able to edit or delete the evaluation requests for those that I have sent out, but haven't been completed yet. However once the LOR has been received, it locks those buttons.

Thank you for your response. I didn't know that our transcripts have to be verified by OptomCAS as well. OptomCAS received my transcripts a couple of days ago, & the status of my transcripts is just "received" on OptomCAS; should I be waiting for it to say "verified" or something similar? Does OptomCAS verify our transcripts once we submit our application or before? I haven't completed manually entering my transcript info into OptomCAS yet. Is it once I complete entering in this info that OptomCAS verifies our transcripts?
How long did it take OptomCAS to verify your application overall from when you submitted? Since schools don't have access to our applications until they are verified, I'm worried about submitting in August, so I was just wondering
Congrats on the interview offer btw!

Thank you for your response. I didn't know that our transcripts have to be verified by OptomCAS as well. OptomCAS received my transcripts a couple of days ago, & the status of my transcripts is just "received" on OptomCAS; should I be waiting for it to say "verified" or something similar? Does OptomCAS verify our transcripts once we submit our application or before? I haven't completed manually entering my transcript info into OptomCAS yet. Is it once I complete entering in this info that OptomCAS verifies our transcripts?
How long did it take OptomCAS to verify your application overall from when you submitted? Since schools don't have access to our applications until they are verified, I'm worried about submitting in August, so I was just wondering
Congrats on the interview offer btw!

My application still says that it is verifying my transcripts, so schools are able to see your application before everything is verified. I manually entered my transcripts before they were received by OptomCAS, but I believe that you would have to do that before you can have them verified or submit your application. The OptomCAS website says that it could take up to 4 weeks to verify, but as long as the transcripts have been received and everything else has check marks you can submit your application.