Rolling admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatoneguy3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain rolling admissions to me? Going off this forum I’ve seen people get offered interview invites when their app was verified after mine, but I have not seen any notification about my status. Do I call?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone explain rolling admissions to me? Going off this forum I’ve seen people get offered interview invites when their app was verified after mine, but I have not seen any notification about my status. Do I call?

Do not call. This is absolutely normal. Applications are stratified, first off. Additionally, your app might have been passed by in favor of other applicants. Patience is virtue in this process.

Reactions: 1 users
Do not call. This is absolutely normal. Applications are stratified, first off. Additionally, your app might have been passed by in favor of other applicants. Patience is virtue in this process.
I wont doubt there are other applicants that are better than me in some aspects, but for one school they sent me a letter saying theyd waitlist me for an interview, so if I don't have that from them yet does that mean I might be "better than interview waitlist material"

Members don't see this ad :)
I wont doubt there are other applicants that are better than me in some aspects, but for one school they sent me a letter saying theyd waitlist me for an interview, so if I don't have that from them yet does that mean I might be "better than interview waitlist material"

For that school, I’d say yes as they seem to be considering you.

Are you asking if it goes:

Interview invite
Nothing
Waitlist for interview

???

Silence could mean anything. You might have been purposely put to the side, you might not have been reviewed at all yet, you might have been put in a “revisit later”, you might be on a silent maybe interview invite depending how the applicant pool turns out, etc.

I would think waitlist for II means increased interest over nothing.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Reactions: 1 user