Rolling admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmer_tami

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I realized that the earlier you apply, the better your chances are for schools that use rolling admissions. My problem is that I won't be able to get my letters of recommendations until September. If I turned in everything, but the LORs, will USC or UOP look at my applications before they receive my LORs and consider me for an interview slot. My goal is to obtain an interview slot for the late fall.

Thanks guys! :)
Tami

Members don't see this ad.

They may look over your application but they won't grant you an interview until they have received your letter of recommendations but I would send in my application anyways. It can only hep you. Here's USC admissions number if you want to call and ask them directly:

Telephone: (323) 442-1369

some schools however, look at essential things grades pcat score to wid out some of the applicants right away. so you might get lucky w/ interview invitation. after the interview i think they will look at your whole picture. but some schools do not even look at your file until everything is completely submitted. every school is different. call EVERY school you are applying and find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova has rolling adm.However ,you can't send LOR. until they send you the suplemental application that has the forms .Does rolling adm. means that you can go ahead and send LOR since the moment you apply.
Another note; this is from Pharmcas website:
Statistics for 2004 Entering Class Acceptees *

Total PharmCAS completed applications received - 1,351
Number interviewed - 268
Estimated entering class size - 176

120 - Ft. Lauderdale
40 - West Palm Beach
30 - Puerto Rico

Estimated male - 40%
Estimated female - 60 %
Number Early Assurance students - 15
Number Transfer - 3
Number out-of-state - 40

* Data as of April, 2004

Can someone tell me what is an early assurance student.I am in a waiting list ans I yhink maybe I can benefit from this.

gustavo32 said:
Nova has rolling adm.However ,you can't send LOR. until they send you the suplemental application that has the forms.

I spoke with someone at Nova and was told that recommenders do not have to use Nova's forms. Letters can be typed in a freeform format.

gustavo32 said:
Can someone tell me what is an early assurance student.I am in a waiting list ans I yhink maybe I can benefit from this.

If I'm not mistaken, early assurance students are students who did their undergrad work at Nova and are applying to their pharmacy school. I think it's the same premise as 6-year programs, where students entering from high school are automatically accepted into the pharmacy program during year 3 if they maintain a certain GPA and do well in the interview portion of the application.