iriequeen

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status
Pre-Optometry
I'm about to start applying, and I have some questions regarding rolling admissions. How did you deal with rolling admissions? More specifically, if you got accepted to one of your lower choice schools but had not yet heard back from your top choices, did you still pay to confirm your seat at the lower choice schools? Did you apply to all of the schools at around the same time, hoping you would hear back from them around the same time? Also, what were your main considerations when choosing a school? Thanks!

ericlemonster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
iriequeen said:
I'm about to start applying, and I have some questions regarding rolling admissions. How did you deal with rolling admissions? More specifically, if you got accepted to one of your lower choice schools but had not yet heard back from your top choices, did you still pay to confirm your seat at the lower choice schools? Did you apply to all of the schools at around the same time, hoping you would hear back from them around the same time? Also, what were your main considerations when choosing a school? Thanks!
Learn from my mistake; apply early as humanely possible.

If you want to play it safe, pay the deposit so you have a back-up.

Yes, I applied to all of my choices at once. Most applications are similar enough that you can roll them out together. However, don't expect to hear back from each school at the same time.

Criteria for choosing a school? So many, search the forum. Personally, my motivating factors included a location near home, quality of clinical education, and how "at home" I felt with the staff and school.

About the Ads