rookie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mygassmellsfine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am in college and really looking forward to becoming a gas guy. i hear you guys aren't gunners, so do you think a 21 mcat will get me in? i mean my 324 hours of candy stripping counts for something right? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

you need to get into med school before you get to play with gas :D . Unless you have some other really different, outstanding things about you, i dont think that that MCAT score is competitive at all!

But then again,..... that is just my opinion

With those credentials: Johns Hopkins and then Derm all the way :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
mygassmellsfine said:
i am in college and really looking forward to becoming a gas guy. i hear you guys aren't gunners, so do you think a 21 mcat will get me in? i mean my 324 hours of candy stripping counts for something right? :laugh:

You WILL get into a DO school without any problems. They don't look at numbers much but at the whole person since they take the "holistic" approach to things.

toughlife said:
You WILL get into a DO school without any problems. They don't look at numbers much but at the whole person since they take the "holistic" approach to things.

Don't you mean "wholistic"?

:sleep:

toughlife said:

I've heard of both M.D and D.O schools accepting students with a very low MCAT, but it is extremely rare, and usually the person getting accepted with a low MCAT, has a very high GPA and has shown a very strong commitment to the field of medicine.

mygassmellsfine said:

You should try and retake the MCAT. It can't hurt you and will probably help. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

mygassmellsfine said:

this is obviously some kind of joke.. .

Hey Wangster,

Getting into medical school is no joke, I mean I guess I will have to make up some crazy story that makes the admission's office feel sorry for me so that they overlook my MCAT score. I thought DO's aren't really docs, just wanna be....I mean who says I want to be a DO when I grow up, more like I want to be an MD. Okay time to come up with some 50 cent story

hey my gas smells fine,

You are going to be wanna be doc ither way MD or DO with that fatty 21. GOOD luck I think some offshore MD schools dont require the MCAT or the ability to read.