roommates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

banditalfi

Cornell 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone - it's late and i'm too tired to do this in a thoughtful manner, but if anyone who is going to cornell next year is looking for a roommate please let me know. we were finally able to get a house (!!) and so i'm looking for people to live with - lemme know!

also, people who are looking for roommates at other schools, feel free to post!
 
Sure, I'll bite. I already posted this in the Davis Housing thread, but I'll post it here as well.

I just put down a deposit at Pennsylvania Place Apartments. The outsides are very 1950s motel, but everything is well maintained. The insides are HUGE. There is a built-in desk in the bedroom. The rent would be half of 965.00, plus half the utilities.

On that note, I'm now looking for a roommate, and thought I would advertise here first, since my preference is for a vet student.

About me: I'm a 25 year-old female, with an 8 year old spayed Persian cat. Both come with the apartment. I knit, I spin my own yarn, I read a lot and I play video games. I spend a lot of spare time writing and editing for a classic horror review site (classic-horror.com) and roleplaying when I can get away with it. I am, in a nutshell, a textbook geek. I'm, obviously, a first year student and have an interest in shelter animals. I don't smoke. I don't drink excessively. I do have a boyfriend who will be living in Phoenix, so I will be having an overnight guest when he comes to visit.

What I'm looking for: A roommate. Either gender is fine. The complex does not allow dogs, but if you have a cat or a small animal or aquarium we can keep under the radar, let me know. I'm looking for someone who is generally quiet. I'm not anti-party, persay, but I'm anti-party all-the-time. I'm looking for someone who is relatively clean. I'm not a neat freak, but I don't like to scary huge messes either. I'm also hoping for someone who is as much of a nerd as I am. As for smoking/drinking/overnight guests - that's your business, provided they're not staying when we're not home. (Exceptions made, of course, for out of town guests or special circumstances. I just want to know if I'm going to be walking in on strangers in my home). All I ask is that you smoke outside and don't bring in illegal drugs.

What comes with the apartment: For sure we'll have a 31" LCD TV, a Blu-Ray Player, a PS2, a couple of bookshelves (though I have a lot of books). If my roommate doesn't come with one, I plan on buying a couch, a coffee table and a TV stand. It's also possible that I will have a table and a couple of chairs depending on what I manage to haul up from Phoenix. Obviously, your own room is your own to furnish.

If you think you might be interested or want more info, please send me a PM.