SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rosalind BMS Program

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by WannaBaDoc, Apr 16, 2007.

1. WannaBaDoc

WannaBaDoc 5+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Rosalind. Do they email you to let you know that your file is complete or missing things or do you have to call them and verify everything? Also, if anyone else has gone through this, how long does it usually take them to give a decision once your app is complete ?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jsoh432000

jsoh432000 2+ Year Member

Oct 10, 2006
    i got an email from them telling me what was missing a few days after i mailed in my application. i havent heard anything since though.

4. redrabbit

redrabbit Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 16, 2004
    i was told that they first batch of acceptances should go out this month

5. isomorphism

isomorphism 5+ Year Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Deerfield, IL
    I was told in February that they'll start reviewing in March... was told again two weeks ago that they'll start reviewing in a week. Just called them 5 minutes ago and this time they said they'll be anticipating the first round of review and acceptances in May. Seriously don't understand what they're doing.

6. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    Ya I just talked to them about an hour ago and they will be sending their first round of invites out in early may. I submitted my application last week and it will be included in the first batch.

I forgot to ask them, but does anyone know how many complete applications they have already or near complete apps ?

7. redrabbit

Dec 16, 2004
    i want to know too...its taking them so long.

8. waukeganhouse1

waukeganhouse1 New Member

May 31, 2006
    Hello and congratulations,

If you've been accepted to Chicago Medical School / RFUMS and are in need of housing please contact me ASAP. I'm both a homeowner and M2 at Chicago Med and have rented out my house to BMS students in the past.
    I will UNDERCUT any price that RFUMS or the adjacent woodlands apartments have to offer. I've provided a description of the house below. (As of now, there is one incoming M1 female and a P.A. female who will be living in the house 2007-2008, that's all!). Email me if you're interested: [email protected] Thanks again and congrats on your acceptance.

(1) spacious Room available for rent in Gurnee/Waukegan. There are only 2 other RFUMS students that will reside in this large house; both are quiet, courteous, and clean. The utilities are Not included with the rent, the total utility bill is split evenly among everyone in the house, this ensures a lower rent fee and more economical utility savings. Typical monthly utility costs have ranged from $30-$60.

This newly constructed home is a fully furnished 2-story house with 2.5 baths and 4 main floor rooms. There is also room furniture available for the rooms if needed.

Main Floor includes Italian Marble throughout first level that extends throughout a spacious, high-ceiling Living room & Dining room, both of which are Fully Furnished. French glass doors separate the large Dining Room from the modern Eat-in Kitchen Room which includes a Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster and Oven. Wide Backyard includes large patio and deck off main level which overlooks nature preserve and jogging trail (no backyard neighbors, quiet family housing area). Laundry room includes Washer and Dryer for anytime personal use. Cable and Wireless Internet available throughout the entire household. Attached 2-car Parking garage and FREE street parking also available. There is No additional cost for yard/lawn maintenance as it is included.

This is a new neighborhood that is student/professional friendly, quiet, and safe. There are also a number of grocery stores within walking distance.
    ***SEE PHOTOS***
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/waukeg.../ph//my_photos

9. DReject

DReject Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 18, 2003
    May is here. So first batch of acceptances should be out in "early May." Does this mean that some acceptances have been determined and will be mailed out soon?

10. redrabbit

Dec 16, 2004
    Anyone going to call them?

11. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    No news here yet, hopefully we hear this week. All this damn waiting is driving me nuts..... :scared:

12. isomorphism

Apr 17, 2007
    Deerfield, IL
    I tried calling them just now but it seems that their line is busy... god I hate this~ I can't book my flight because of them.

**Update:
    Just got off the phone with the lady and she said the apps were sent for review, but she hasn't got the results yet. :(

13. redrabbit

Dec 16, 2004
    wonder how long it will take them?

14. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 5, 2001
    Cali

Take it easy doc..dont worry. You need to learn to enjoy life, take time to stop and smell the roses:hardy:

15. redrabbit

Dec 16, 2004
    when are we going to hear? I have to decide where to go..... *sigh*

16. NRAI2001

Nov 5, 2001
    Cali
    Where are you deciding between?

17. redrabbit

Dec 16, 2004
    tufts or rosalind franklin. I haven't gotten anything from drexel but i don't think i wanna go there.

18. NRAI2001

Nov 5, 2001
    Cali
    I m in the BMS right now......I d say go to Tufts. I definitely wouldnt do the Drexel program.

19. isomorphism

Apr 17, 2007
    Deerfield, IL
    Um... can I ask what you don't like about RFUBMS? :confused:

20. NRAI2001

Nov 5, 2001
    Cali
    I like the program and the school is pretty decent. I have some cool friends here too now..but Tufts is a much better school.

The programs says that the top 25% get an interview. Just work your ass off for a year and be in that top 25% and get into a well ranked school in a cool location, with a full university and a cheaper program overall. Its worth it. Plus RFU isnt so guaranteed anymore.

There are many drawbacks to RFU. The academics are solid and the faculty is really nice...but the location sucks bad. It has the bear minimums of a medical school in its facilities. No undergrad or other depts (besides podiatry). Weather sucks. Probably the most boringest location in the world for a med school. Its on a grade system and the masters program kinda makes the place a little gunnerish.

21. nanaschool2000

nanaschool2000 Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Does RFU have no longer a linkage option? Do you know what percentage of BMS students get into professional schools?

22. NRAI2001

Nov 5, 2001
    Cali
    Dont know what percent.

23. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    Anyone hear any news yet ?

24. NRAI2001

Nov 5, 2001
    Cali
    Stop stressing out doc.....its not healthy.

25. t man

t man Epoxi-Lips 2+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Someone from the office emailed me with a question about my application today, so I guess they're reviewing it.

26. blindkutha

blindkutha 2+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2006
    I spoke to a woman yesterday and she said that the first round of acceptances will go out by Friday via email. If you dont hear from them, assume you didnt make the first cut. They have a preliminary screening you must pass in order to get to sent to the ad comm. I'm not exactly sure what that entails but I dont think it should be too bad.

27. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    I spoke with the admissions people today. They said they made their first round of acceptances yesterday. My application was not accepted, however, it passed the first screening and will be reviewed again at their next meeting in two weeks. So I guess it's another two weeks of waiting for me.

Edit: 45 acceptances were handed out and students given 2 weeks to accept.

28. Heston

Heston 5+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2006
    What's the number I can call to find out my status??

29. jeezy

jeezy 2+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2007
    ouch, i wasnt among the top 45 pimpiest either.. hopefully people found better things by now. do you know how many apps there were?

30. Heston

Heston 5+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2006
    So, if I wasn't in the 45 I'm not gonna get in?

31. osmosis911

osmosis911 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2007
    just got an acceptance email

32. Heston

Heston 5+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2006
    just now?

33. t man

t man Epoxi-Lips 2+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Just got acceptored via email. Will make a decision within the week... leaning towards the much less expensive UMDNJ program.

34. osmosis911

osmosis911 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2007
    like an hour ago...

35. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    The 45 students accepted in this first batch have 2 weeks to respond or their spot is given away. There will be a total of 100 students accepted.

36. jeezy

jeezy 2+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2007
    what kinda stats got you guys in?

37. Heston

Heston 5+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Bump

What's the phone number to get a hold of the BMS admissions office??

38. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    (847) 578-3209

Also on a side note, I heard back from the Rosalind MS program in Radiation today with an acceptance, now Just have to wait for the BMS one....

39. Heston

Heston 5+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Got this in an email from them:

Your application is currently being screened by the admissions committee. We anticipate the next round of acceptance to take place the last week of May.

End of May it is then....for BMS and the medical school.

40. MochezzmO

MochezzmO Junior Member 5+ Year Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Anyone (NRAI2001 maybe) can tell us how the BMS class on a whole did in gaining acceptances this year to CMS? The first class to go through this program just finished classes, so they might know where they stand on getting in.

41. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    So any updates ?

42. jsoh432000

Oct 10, 2006
    I'd like to know as well.

43. NRAI2001

Nov 5, 2001
    Cali
    Just finished finals, got a few more papers due...I guess we ll all find out in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

44. jsoh432000

Oct 10, 2006
    Good luck!

45. nooj

nooj nooj 7+ Year Member

Jul 10, 2006
    For those of you who have been accepted into the BMS program, I'm looking for a quality roommate to live with in the dormitories provided by the school. They're really nice, new, and very close to where classes are held. If anyone is in the same position where they want to live on campus, let me know, and we can talk about it. I'm definitely looking for someone clean, respectful, very studious, and most importantly NORMAL to live with.

PM me if you're interested and we'll talk.

46. jeezy

jeezy 2+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2007
    its a short week.. last time they sent out emails on wednesday

47. Jccripe

Jccripe 2+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2006
    NRAI... of the people in the BMS program, does it seem like many get into the CMS? what are you doing next year? what do you think of the program in terms of getting into the med school? Assuming I get all good grades. THanks

48. Heston

Heston 5+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2006
    So when should we hear guys?

49. mommy2three

mommy2three PGY-1 10+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Michigan
    i can only speak to what i know from when i was in the ap program (what was the bms program before they changed it) and my class was about 113 or so to start the year (for the 2006-2007 school year) we had about 90 people left by time we took the last set of finals and ultimately 68 made it into cms (this was when they had the automatic acceptance as long as you maintained the 2.96 gpa).
    if you would like to know the numbers for this year i would call either dr pullen or his secretary tammy as they are very helpful and will answer any questions you may have.
    and for those of you waiting i got accepted into the program literally 3 days before orientation began. just keep calling and talking to the admin people...let them know you are interested and that you are available.
    i wish you all the best of luck.

50. Heston

Heston 5+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2006
    I got this in my email today:

"We have received your file back from the admissions committee Friday of last week. Right now you are under consideration for admission and will be brought up at the next committee meeting. What this means is you passed the initial screening and the admissions committee will bring up your application when they make the next round of acceptances. We anticipate the next round of acceptances to take place next week."

51. WannaBaDoc

Apr 4, 2007
    Any new news ?