Roseman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I initially called, she said only 2 dates were available... last week of sept, and oct 12th. I chose the latter. According to the posts on this thread, all pre-dec dates are pretty much locked up. I might have to reschedule the original date due to a closer (driving distance) school wanting to interview me on that same date, but don't want to end up with a post-dec date at Roseman...thoughts? The airfare is really starting to add up to some of these interviews

Members don't see this ad.

They get pretty busy so just keep trying. Alternatively, you could always leave a message/email so you're not calling too much. As a correction though, Amanda is not an associate dean.

ya, sorry. i meant on admissions for student services :smack:

lol good stuff to know..thankss...im coming from jersey and staying for the weekend after my interview...any good local spots to check out?

There are some cool places in downtown SLC. I'd recommend Squatters Pub. Good representation of Utah microbrews and nice atmosphere. There isn't much to choose from in and around South Jordan (at least that Ive found yet)

Members don't see this ad :)
where are you guys staying and how are you getting from the airport to the hotel?

got an interview for sept 28th. staying at the crystal inn mid valley. it has a free airport shuttle and is somewhat close to the university so a cheap cab ride.

I sent them my RSVP with my photo for September 28th. Do they send back any kind of confirmation for your confirmation? LOL

What time of the day were you guys able to reach Amanda? I tried calling like 5 times and still only get her voicemail.

Just called again. No answer yet.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

When did you guys turn in your application? My aadsas portal has said received/under review since July 17th and I haven't heard anything from them yet.... I'm from in-state and I'm confused as to why I haven't received an interview invite yet.

Did anyone get the e-mail about the information on the interview after scheduling the date?

does anyone know if SLC it will be easy to get a taxi outside of the airport?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how many were interviewed and accepted last cycle?

anyone know how many were interviewed and accepted last cycle?

I think it was 330 interviewees last year. There are 80 seats available. They said that they will have about 240-340 this year. I could be off by a few dozen. I don't remember the exact numbers.

I just received the email for my interview date, outlining the days events, signed off by the dean. It asks to RSVP to the original date I designated (10/12) with a passport photo to the email they enclosed. Im looking forward to it

I just received the email for my interview date, outlining the days events, signed off by the dean. It asks to RSVP to the original date I designated (10/12) with a passport photo to the email they enclosed. Im looking forward to it

hows does the email look like?

Ditto. Did you end up switching dates?

hows does the email look like?

Let's see...black lettering, white background, and Roseman's logo...haha. What exactly are you asking?

I think it was 330 interviewees last year. There are 80 seats available. They said that they will have about 240-340 this year. I could be off by a few dozen. I don't remember the exact numbers.

ADA book says otherwise.

# of applicants: 1,101
estimated # interviewed: 170
enrolled: 64 (last year, now it is 80 I believe)

Those numbers are for the first class. For ours (current D1) we had about 1500 apply and I'm pretty sure they interviewed close to 500, not 300. They interviewed all the way up to June this year. Also, for what its worth, a lot of people who interviewed this past March were accepted and are in my class. So don't worry too much if you have a post Dec. 1 interview. We have 80 in our class and that will continue to be the class size.

wow yeah those numbers DO seem too generous...that'd be pretty much accepting everyone that interviewed considering not everyone will attend the school

im calculating 24 every friday beginning as early as 9/14 and possibly earlier...thats close to 300 only before december that have already been handed out :eek:

so they will be niterviewing 240-300ish this year. That sounds more realistic. Also, how can you go from 170 to fill 66 to 500 to fill 80. I don't get that. I think 300 is a bit much as well.

It was 80 last year. Last week Amanda said that there were 1700 total applicants last year.

About 500 interviewed, 80 accepted last year, this year will be 80 also. :thumbup:

I'm going to guess that there were more than 80 accepted. I'm sure at least one person deffered an acceptance. I bet it will be 150/280 acceptance/interviewed this cycle.

so they will be niterviewing 240-300ish this year. That sounds more realistic. Also, how can you go from 170 to fill 66 to 500 to fill 80. I don't get that. I think 300 is a bit much as well.

I'm going to guess that there were more than 80 accepted. I'm sure at least one person deffered an acceptance. I bet it will be 150/280 acceptance/interviewed this cycle.

where you getting the 280-300 number from though? my estimate* was just pre-december lol

who and when did you hear this? I think those are more accurate. For example, BU only interviewed 330 last cycle for 115 spots.

Roseman % accepted / % interviewed from application pool just so you guys know: In state: 30% accepted/ 37% utahians interviwed and Out of state 7% out of staters were accepted / 11% of out of state applicants of the whole applicant pool interviwed...so instate has a 81% chance and out of state has a 63% chane of acceptance according to Dr. toothaches chart from ADEA 2011 book..good luck guys!

Hey Little Buddy,
Why do you have to guess ? I know you got 2 interviews from last cycle: LECOM and BU. You should spend time on practicing your interviewing skills instead. :thumbup:
That's a real number from the school.
About 500 got interviewed out of 1500s applicants, don't know exactly how many got accepted/deferred. :smuggrin:
To periopocket, just number a few:
21 Utah residents
17 from Cali.
Don't question where I get this info from, just know it comes from a reliable source. :cool:

By the way, for motels I suggest you guys should search for Sleep Inn very close to the campus.
(free breakfast)
15-20 minutes of walking. 4-5 minutes of driving.

Roseman University is awesome. You will be in love with it when you have an interview there.
Good luck to you all !!!

Last edited:
how can that be when 2011 ada stats otherwise? I've been researching Roseman for sure since I tried clawing my way in last cycle but no dice. I would do some questionable things to get into Roseman for sure.

how can that be when 2011 ada stats otherwise? I've been researching Roseman for sure since I tried clawing my way in last cycle but no dice. I would do some questionable things to get into Roseman for sure.

Put everything behind for now. Rock the interview by showing your dedication to dentistry and your interest for the school. By getting the interview this early in the game, you have a very good chance of being accepted on Dec 1st.
Group Discussion (about 10 people or so), 1on1 interview with faculty.
Don't be stressed out too much. They just want to make sure that you can fit in the program well.

those numbers i posted are from this years ADA guidebook.

who and when did you hear this? I think those are more accurate. For example, BU only interviewed 330 last cycle for 115 spots.

I got the info during my interview a week ago. Some numbers came from previous students, some came from Amanda who is the one you deal with when talking to admissions.

I got the info during my interview a week ago. Some numbers came from previous students, some came from Amanda who is the one you deal with when talking to admissions.

how was the interview? any feedback? relaxed like most people say?

how was the interview? any feedback? relaxed like most people say?

Very relaxed, very enjoyable, and reminded me why Roseman is my top pick. I don't really have any advice because as long as you really want to go there and you work well with others, you'll do just fine.

just interviewed there and the dean said 200-250 interviews this year (not sure that if that is a pre-dec figure or total). like 2000 apps or something as well.