Ross and St George

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhippetGood

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have first-hand experience with either Ross or St. George. I would really like to know about the school and what you felt about your experiences there now or before.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This may be best to post in the Students/DVM section, rather than the Pre-Vet.

Although I can't give you a first-hand opinion of either school, I can tell you that you're going to get a variety of responses, good or bad, from both schools.

A friend of mine left SGU to do her clinical in the US, and said she couldn't have been happier to leave. - overall bad experience. Alternatively, another friend of mine just started his second year a few weeks ago, and is apparently still loving every minute of it.

It really just depends from person to person.

Though the majority of vets I work with that graduated from Ross report having a good experience. (minus the temptation to go to the beach rather than study.)

Last edited:
I'm pre-vet, so I can't really tell you about the classes themselves or actually going to school there, but I did go to SGU's pre-vet summer academy in 2008. It was amazing. Nice school, nice people, and they seemed to have decent veterinary facilities from what I was exposed to. The faculty we worked with were great, very informative, and easy to work with. I have pictures if you are interested :D PM me if you would like!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you search the forum, there are several threads that talk about SGU and Ross. As thearsonist said, there are both good and bad views on the schools both from people who have researched them and people who have attended.

Not sure if you got my response, but pics are posted on my profile :)