Ross/AUC/SGU chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

8jsi37

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances for these ross/auc/sgu? science and overall gpa: 3.0-3.1 mcat: 491. I do not know if they care about ECs or not, but I have research, shadowing, hospital volunteering, serving the socioeconomic disadvantage community etc. Maybe is merp possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Ross/AUC likely direct admission.
SGU direct admission is possible if interview goes well, but you'll likely be placed into their equivalent of merp (forgot what its called).

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ross/AUC likely direct admission.
SGU direct admission is possible if interview goes well, but you'll likely be placed into their equivalent of merp (forgot what its called).

thank you for your response! I think Ross is my #1 choice rn. by any chance, are you a ross student?

Members don't see this ad :)
For some reason it says im not able to message you. Do you mind sending me a message?
For some reason I cant message you either. You can ask me questions here so that others can can also benefit.

Reactions: 2 users
what are my chances for these ross/auc/sgu? science and overall gpa: 3.0-3.1 mcat: 491. I do not know if they care about ECs or not, but I have research, shadowing, hospital volunteering, serving the socioeconomic disadvantage community etc. Maybe is merp possible?
Hi, I have similar stats did you got accepted to Ross or AUC ? Thank you

You'll get in but likely get MERPed at Ross, which is their pre-medschool semester done at Miramar, FL. If you pass that then you get accepted into the program. I had a few friends get in that way and they said roughly half of their class passed it but that it did a good job of weeding out weak applicants. I guess it's better to waste a semester and realize you can't handle it rather than get accepted and flunk out.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response.!! Im going to appy to both schools. Hopefully I'll get in.

congrats getting in .. I would recommend MERP if they offered it to you , because it really prepares you for your first semester. I know it is extra 10k but it is worth it . Becasue it will guarantee you make it out of the island. anybody made it out of MERP not only made it out but also matched . this is a suggestion. if you don't like that , please do Kaplan vids for step 1 . it is very important to get head start for both because ROSS and AUC are very fast paced . best of luck in your journey

congrats getting in .. I would recommend MERP if they offered it to you , because it really prepares you for your first semester. I know it is extra 10k but it is worth it . Becasue it will guarantee you make it out of the island. anybody made it out of MERP not only made it out but also matched . this is a suggestion. if you don't like that , please do Kaplan vids for step 1 . it is very important to get head start for both because ROSS and AUC are very fast paced . best of luck in your journey
I did merp and made it off the island, But about half of my MERP cohort had to repeat a semester or they got kicked out of the school. This really surprised me because personally I wouldn’t have been able to get past first semester without it. The program is good because it’s a good transition between college and medical school, and it really teaches you how to study. A lot of what you learn will be repeated in 1st and 2nd semester, even some in 3rd semester. When I did it I thought it was the hardest thing ever. But I will say that merp is alot easier than medical school, especially 2nd year. If you can’t pass it then I don’t recommend going into med school anywhere.

I did merp and made it off the island, But about half of my MERP cohort had to repeat a semester or they got kicked out of the school. This really surprised me because personally I wouldn’t have been able to get past first semester without it. The program is good because it’s a good transition between college and medical school, and it really teaches you how to study. A lot of what you learn will be repeated in 1st and 2nd semester, even some in 3rd semester. When I did it I thought it was the hardest thing ever. But I will say that merp is alot easier than medical school, especially 2nd year. If you can’t pass it then I don’t recommend going into med school anywhere.
i agree with you buddy except last part. I went to AUA after I failed MERP and 6 years later I matched !!

i agree with you buddy except last part. I went to AUA after I failed MERP and 6 years later I matched !!
Congrats on matching. I was just saying what I observed while I was there. I’m sure those in my merp class who failed can go on to other schools and succeed. I guess I could’ve worded that last part differently. My point was that people who failed merp would’ve probably failed first semester at Ross/AUC if they were to go in without doing merp. But you went into AUA with the experience of merp, and a lot of what you learned was probably repeated. Merp is helpful in that way as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck on your journey. I graduated from AUC in 2014. Feel free to ask any questions.

I
[/QUOT

i realized when i was writing this , i was in a rush. I didnt get my point across . I meant if you fail MERP try other schools like AUA. Dont try Auc . It is slower compare to Ross , AUC, and St george . I Also failed Merp and went to AUa now i am in family residency.