Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by chang, Nov 13, 2005.
Have an interview in michigan with michelle P coming up. Any tips will be highly appreciated.
You can also search for more tips and questions asked at interviews. One thread covers it quite well.
Relax. If they called you for an interview, they really want you. If you dont say a anything stupid you are in. What I would do is to go over a list of common questions people ask in medical school interviews. Be prepared to answer the following:
1. Why do you want to be a doctor?
2. Why are you interested in Ross?
3. Would you be interested in the MERP program?
4. To what other Caribbean medical schools have you applied to?
5. If the admissions committee was in the next room and I took you there in person to meet them, what would you tell them?
6. Did you know that Ross has plasma screens?
7. Have you ever been in a third world country? Could you adjust to Dominica? Do not give the impression that you cannot adjust to living in a developing nation like Dominica or Grenada. I know someone who was rufused from Ross because she bungled that question during the interview.
Thanks for the help guys
I interviewed with Michelle for last year's class, but I ultimately chose not to go to Ross.
Trust me, the interview is more to sell YOU on the idea of going to Ross than it is for you to convince them to let you in. You will watch a promotional video, and Michelle will answer any questions you may have. She lived on the island, as her husband is a Ross graduate, and I think she used to be the Housing director or something like that so she is pretty knowledgeable. Then she will go over your application with you, just to confirm everything and ask you some basic run-of-the-mill interview questions.
On a side note, her husband got a peds residency at Children's Hospital in Detroit after graduating from Ross, and then he went on to do a Hematology/Oncology fellowship and now he does bone marrow transplants out of the Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit. VERY cool stuff!
I have a question for the y u want to be a doctor, is okay to just be like u feel like theres so much more to do with the medical field and also u really want to help people....
It is a subjective question.
Just give them your real reasons. If you do not believe that you have a good reason then you are in trouble.