Ross Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coronaradiata

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just got word today that I've been selected to interview with Ross. I'm super excited and nervous, but surely..you knew that already. :)

Anyway, I was just wondering, for those of you who have been through Ross interviews....are there any words of wisdom you can give me? My interview is in May, so I've got some time to practice. I already know I will more than likely have to explain some of my earlier academic...transgressions and everything, but I'm still excited about having this opportunity!

And in case you're curious, Ross was my first choice school and this is my first app cycle.

Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

So, I just got word today that I've been selected to interview with Ross. I'm super excited and nervous, but surely..you knew that already. :)

Anyway, I was just wondering, for those of you who have been through Ross interviews....are there any words of wisdom you can give me? My interview is in May, so I've got some time to practice. I already know I will more than likely have to explain some of my earlier academic...transgressions and everything, but I'm still excited about having this opportunity!

And in case you're curious, Ross was my first choice school and this is my first app cycle.

My interview seemed like more of an HR interview rather than a medical school interview.

She had a sheet of paper with a list of questions, and she asked them one after another and then wrote down my answers.

Very limited feedback on your answers since they are not on the adcom.

I also did my interview at Devry (which owns Ross) and so I was the only person in the whole place wearing a suit. Sort of unprofessional seeming.

Good Luck!

mine was not like that at all. it was with an admissions officer and actually it happened that the new dean of admissions was attending.. it was very chatting but with specific questions and yeah they took notes and had my cv in their hand.. it was personalized i actually really enjoyed it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I also got an interview here in May! Congrats! This is my second app cycle, but I've had about a year and a half since the last gaining life experiences I didn't start with. I only applied to DO programs first time around. I was too narrow-minded. I never looked at Ross because it wasn't on the DO list, but the more I explore their website, the more it looks like the best possible school for me. Good luck on your interview!
:luck:

My take on why medicine AKA WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A DOCTOR, WHY ROSS, HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH STRESS, HOW DO YOU PLAN TO SURVIVE ON THE ISLAND, WHAT ARE YOUR GOOD QUALITIES, TELL ME ABOUT YOU CLINICAL EXPIRIENCE, EXPLAIN THE D'S AND F'S ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT, WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE....

I JUST INTERVIEWED FOR FALL 2010 ON 18TH OF MAY, IT WENT WELL AND I AM UNDER COMMITTEE REVIEW RIGHT NOW

MY STATS
GPA 3.0
MCAT 15L, 20L
MORE THAN 10,000 HOURS OF CLINICAL EXPIRIENCE
70 HRS OF VOLUNTEER
640 OF EXTRACURRICULLAR
SUBMITTED APPS EARLY
RIGHT NOW SGU HAS OFEERED ME MPH PATH TO MD BUT I AM INTERESTED IN WHAT ROSS CAN OFFER ME (STRAIT ADDMISSION OR MERP) JUST PRAYING AND BELIEVING GOD.

YOU WILL DO WELL BE YOUR SELF, HAVE FUN AND MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT DURING THE INTERVIEW....SEE YOU AT ROSS

My take on why medicine AKA WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A DOCTOR, WHY ROSS, HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH STRESS, HOW DO YOU PLAN TO SURVIVE ON THE ISLAND, WHAT ARE YOUR GOOD QUALITIES, TELL ME ABOUT YOU CLINICAL EXPIRIENCE, EXPLAIN THE D'S AND F'S ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT, WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE....

I JUST INTERVIEWED FOR FALL 2010 ON 18TH OF MAY, IT WENT WELL AND I AM UNDER COMMITTEE REVIEW RIGHT NOW

MY STATS
GPA 3.0
MCAT 15L, 20L
70 HRS OF VOLUNTEER
640 OF EXTRACURRICULLAR
SUBMITTED APPS EARLY
RIGHT NOW SGU HAS OFEERED ME MPH PATH TO MD BUT I AM INTERESTED IN WHAT ROSS CAN OFFER ME (STRAIT ADDMISSION OR MERP) JUST PRAYING AND BELIEVING GOD.

YOU WILL DO WELL BE YOUR SELF, HAVE FUN AND MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT DURING THE INTERVIEW....SEE YOU AT ROSS

I'm no Ms Cleo....but I see a possible MERP in your future.

MY STATS
GPA 3.0
MCAT 15L, 20L
70 HRS OF VOLUNTEER
640 OF EXTRACURRICULLAR
SUBMITTED APPS EARLY

15L THEN 20L??? mann yo ubetter reevaluate whether you want to go into serious debt that comes with medical school. That low of an mcat score, especially after two times, is not a good indicator that even if you somehow succeed in med school, that you will be able to do well enough on usmle to get residency....Medicine is not for everyone boss

15l then 20l??? Mann yo ubetter reevaluate whether you want to go into serious debt that comes with medical school. That low of an mcat score, especially after two times, is not a good indicator that even if you somehow succeed in med school, that you will be able to do well enough on usmle to get residency....medicine is not for everyone boss

we will see...i will soon be in med school watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: