Ross length to get dvm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MixedPracticeJunkie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently doing my vet school research...Ross has tuitions listed for 10 semesters...does this mean that it takes 5 years to get your DVM at Ross? I was always under the impression it was 4, but I know other international schools like Glasgow have 5 year programs. TIA 🙂
 
Currently doing my vet school research...Ross has tuitions listed for 10 semesters...does this mean that it takes 5 years to get your DVM at Ross? I was always under the impression it was 4, but I know other international schools like Glasgow have 5 year programs. TIA 🙂
no, they compress their program into 3 years and 4 months because they go to school year round (with 2-3 week breaks between semesters). a higher than average number of students end up repeating a semester though, so it may end up taking closer to 4 years. also, consider the opportunities you will give up (working during breaks, travel abroad, family time, etc) to go to school without summer and winter breaks. that said, its a good school and a good program
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like jmo said - the total time in school with Ross is 3 years 4 months. And yes, there is a higher number of students that fail but as a student here - it happens to many fewer students than it is made to seem.

2 years 4 months spent on island and 1 year spent in clinics in the US or at another affiliate school. I love it here! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
 
during breaks, if only
Like jmo said - the total time in school with Ross is 3 years 4 months. And yes, there is a higher number of students that fail but as a student here - it happens to many fewer students than it is made to seem.

2 years 4 months spent on island and 1 year spent in clinics in the US or at another affiliate school. I love it here! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!



Hi I was accepted and looking for advice on breaks only 2-3 weeks long do students go home? do you have a calendar stating when breaks are? I am unable to find a link
 
during breaks, if only




Hi I was accepted and looking for advice on breaks only 2-3 weeks long do students go home? do you have a calendar stating when breaks are? I am unable to find a link
Here is the RUSVM academic calendar. If you need more let me know, I can get them.
Academic Calendar

Most people DO go home on the breaks because they miss family and friends. I stayed for almost every single break because my family and friends preferred to visit me and that also gave me the opportunity to make a good chunk of cash pet sitting and being an orientation leader. Since most students go home there are always many that need a pet sitter over the breaks so if you're willing to work you can definitely make a (slight) dent in all that debt haha. The breaks are all 2 weeks except for the Christmas break which is always 3 weeks and then like every 4th year the August break is 3 weeks. If you have more specific questions feel free to message me.