Ross or Retake MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tanny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I planning to retake MCAT in April or May. I know my MCAT will improve if I put the time to study. I am worried about waiting the extra year though. Should I give myself a try at US medical school?

What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I planning to retake MCAT in April or May. I know my MCAT will improve if I put the time to study. I am worried about waiting the extra year though. Should I give myself a try at US medical school?

What should I do?

You already know the answer to this question. It comes up everyday. Try US schools first, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

If you have even the slightest chance, the extra yearspent trying is more than worth it.'

I do not regret my path, but the Carib is still a last-ditch option. Period. Especially for a US citizen.

What should I do?

I'd say evaluate what your previous MCAT score was and see if a few point increase will put you in the potential candidate range. If so, you definitely want to wait and take the MCAT again. But when you are doing this, realize that most MCAT retakes only go up by about 2 points. Again, if there is any chance a retake will make you a candidate with a chance, then retake the MCAT.