Ross or St George ? which school is better

Started by mikus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mikus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone tell me about the student body attending Ross or ST George University?
Thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SGU Academics and Campus living but $$$$$

Ross Academics but the campus and living is not as good cost $$$$ ( less)

Both will get you to the same place..................................😀
 
Can anyone tell me about the student body attending Ross or ST George University?
Thank you
The only person who can honestly answer your "which is better" question is that mythical student who has attended and graduated from both Ross and SGU. As far as I know, that student does not exist.

Most SGU students will tell you that SGU is better.

Most Ross students will tell you that Ross is better

There are some unhappy students from both sides that will tell you the other school is better.

Bottom line is YOU need to evaluate your goals in life and match them with what the school has to offer.

SGU has a fairly large campus compared to some Carib schools. Grenada is fairly well developed for a 3rd world country (although, compared to the lower end of the 3rd world, I wouldn't really call Grenada a 3rd world, but that's a different thread) You can get most things that are available in the US/UK/Canada in Grenada, or something close to it. There are lots of student activity groups and special interest clubs (both academic and athletic) There are grads licensed in all 50 US states.

Now we need a Ross student to come and tell us what Ross has to offer. I've never been there and have no idea, except on the licensing thing (same as SGU-licensed grads in all 50) Oh, and I heard this rumour that they have a Taco Bel there (we don't) just like AUC does.
 
Can anyone tell me about the student body attending Ross or ST George University?
Thank you

Mikus, I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "better"? They emerged pretty much at the same time in the late 1970s. since that time they've graduated a crapload of doctors practicing all over U.S and the World for that matter. They both are very-well known by PDs in some places, and in some nobody heard of them. So it's pretty much a diet coke vs diet pepsi type of an arguement. I only went to Ross, and know about living conditions on Dominica. It's a ****hole. But from what I've heard Grenada is not that much better outside SGU campus. I think it is best to visit both islands and the schools, and make an informed decision.

Good Luck
 
I wanted to thank everyone for their replies to my post.
I have been accepted to Ross but I am still doubting whether to go there or not. Mainly the thing that is bothering me is the thought of the living conditions at Dominica. I would like to spend my time at place where I will also be happy. I was not born in the U.S and I enjoy challenging outdoor activities so I can adjust to new living conditions. Why are people who went to Ross saying that the living conditions are not normal. By saying that do you mean that there is no electricity for many days or that there is no clean water to drink. Or do you mean that the living conditions there are not good enough to make anyone feel comfortable while also being under the heavy stress of studying. What about the people on campus are they friendly? Is it hard to find a safe and good place to live near campus?: 🙂
Thank you
 
i sent you an answer to this a few days ago...not sure if you got it. gist of my long-winded response: you can make it work if you're not a lazy, complaining buffoon who can't get off his behind to get himself into a better living situation.

that is all.

I wanted to thank everyone for their replies to my post.
I have been accepted to Ross but I am still doubting whether to go there or not. Mainly the thing that is bothering me is the thought of the living conditions at Dominica. I would like to spend my time at place where I will also be happy. I was not born in the U.S and I enjoy challenging outdoor activities so I can adjust to new living conditions. Why are people who went to Ross saying that the living conditions are not normal. By saying that do you mean that there is no electricity for many days or that there is no clean water to drink. Or do you mean that the living conditions there are not good enough to make anyone feel comfortable while also being under the heavy stress of studying. What about the people on campus are they friendly? Is it hard to find a safe and good place to live near campus?: 🙂
Thank you
 
I wanted to thank everyone for their replies to my post.
I have been accepted to Ross but I am still doubting whether to go there or not. Mainly the thing that is bothering me is the thought of the living conditions at Dominica. I would like to spend my time at place where I will also be happy. I was not born in the U.S and I enjoy challenging outdoor activities so I can adjust to new living conditions. Why are people who went to Ross saying that the living conditions are not normal. By saying that do you mean that there is no electricity for many days or that there is no clean water to drink. Or do you mean that the living conditions there are not good enough to make anyone feel comfortable while also being under the heavy stress of studying. What about the people on campus are they friendly? Is it hard to find a safe and good place to live near campus?: 🙂
Thank you

I think they exaggerated a bit...there is long thread on ValueMD bout this...you should definitely check it out...I had doubts bout living conditions also...but everything you do over there is what u make of it...plus its only 16 months...u just gotta suck it up...I mean the predicament I have is that if I get a great pad and stuff then im gonna be in too much debt...and if I live in a shack...then it'll affect my studies...I have realized that you need to strike a golden mean between these two things and just work hard.
 
Go to the one that accepts you. If they both accept you, then visit both schools. If you cannot afford to visit both schools then remember the timeless maxim "beggars cannot be choosers."

If you want to be comfortable, then do not go into medicine. You would be better off marrying a rich girl and getting a job from her father.
 
Go to the one that accepts you. If they both accept you, then visit both schools. If you cannot afford to visit both schools then remember the timeless maxim "beggars cannot be choosers."

If you want to be comfortable, then do not go into medicine. You would be better off marrying a rich girl and getting a job from her father.


Sounds like a good plan to me :laugh: . I should've been smarter before I got married. but then I'd still do medicine. Being independently wealthy could've been a big help :laugh: Oh well, just have to "suffer" now like everybody else.