Ross or St. George's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stella81

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall,
Which school is better and why? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

The one that accepts you.

If they both accept you then go to the one that fits your personality better.

If you do not know what schools offers what and what the major differences are then you have no done enough basic research on your own.

Start with looking at their web sites and then go through a few dozen threads on valuemd and here and you start to see a picture emerging.

Members don't see this ad :)
McGillGrad said:
The one that accepts you.

If they both accept you then go to the one that fits your personality better.

If you do not know what schools offers what and what the major differences are then you have no done enough basic research on your own.

Start with looking at their web sites and then go through a few dozen threads on valuemd and here and you start to see a picture emerging.

As a 4th yr Ross student, if money is not an issue, go to SGU...but both will get you a good education and nicely positioned for a good residency if you work hard.

As my interviwer for SGU once told me. Its pretty much the same. if you get into either school, go there.

Personally, I'd choose SGU over Ross. But if you got into Ross and not SGU I would not waist the year and try reapplying to SGU.

Thank you for all your inputs..i really appreciate it.

stella81 said:
Hey yall,
Which school is better and why? Thank you.

The two schools are generally considered to be equal. As far as residency goes, there is no advantage of choosing one over the other. Both have great programs and will get you where you want to go, provided you do your part and study.

The key to getting the residency you want is to do well on the USMLE.

Order of operations:
1. apply to schools
2. see what schools accept you
3. visit those schools that accepted you in person
4. make your choice

Best wishes in making your decision!