Ross Pre-Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sam Groves

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Please go easy on me, I've only been on SDN for a few weeks now. I have an interview at Ross this week, and the interviewer just sent me an email with pre-interview questions. He said they would 'help me prepare for the interview'. Has anyone had any experience with this? Do any of you know how much these pre-interview questions factor into the interview/their decision?
I have to confess, I'm a little nervous because the guy interviewing me is basically a recruitment agent. I'm not expecting for this interview to be anything like my SGU interview. Has anyone had their Ross interview in Toronto with this guy? Any advice??
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys
Please go easy on me, I've only been on SDN for a few weeks now. I have an interview at Ross this week, and the interviewer just sent me an email with pre-interview questions. He said they would 'help me prepare for the interview'. Has anyone had any experience with this? Do any of you know how much these pre-interview questions factor into the interview/their decision?
I have to confess, I'm a little nervous because the guy interviewing me is basically a recruitment agent. I'm not expecting for this interview to be anything like my SGU interview. Has anyone had their Ross interview in Toronto with this guy? Any advice??
Thanks!

Is this via Skype? I had an interview with Jibran at Ross a few months back.... The interview was pretty relaxed actually. Interview was more of a conversation with standard questions (why Ross, qs demonstrating your qualities, how you're going to fund the education, cope with new environment, etc) Nice guy...Though I don't remember getting any preinterview questions. Looks like this may have changed recently?

It isn't via Skype! I kind of wished it was though...I wonder why there are pre-interview questions then. I feel a bit better though because I'm really hoping for a relaxed interview! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
It isn't via Skype! I kind of wished it was though...I wonder why there are pre-interview questions then. I feel a bit better though because I'm really hoping for a relaxed interview! Thanks!

I live on the west coast, I guess maybe that's why it was over Skype.

Relax and be yourself. Ross (or any Caribbean school) isn't exactly what most would call rigorous when it comes to admissions standards. Whether or not they accept you is mostly based on your application. The interview is basically to make sure you are not an obvious psychopath or completely socially inept.

Make sure you have answers for all the questions he sent you and browse some lists online about common medical school interview questions. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Skip! and yea Sara, I am.
So I just had the interview... I can only hope I didn't come across as a psychopath!

Last edited:
I wouldn't sweat the interview. I had mine at Cbus, OH, and for the most part they wanted to know three things, am I crazy, am I able to live in a third world country, and if I had academic challenges - how I overcame / will overcome them

Hey! Just wondering if you heard back from them? :)

I haven't actually...it's been 2 weeks now and I'm getting antsy!

so what happened OP did you get in ?

How did the interview go? I have an interview invite as well.

Got into Johns Hopkins. Declined the Ross acceptance.