Ross School of medicine from Home

Started by AMAS2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AMAS2

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it possible to take the med classes from home (US) since these classes are online (from what I hear)? Then come to the Island for test and for required in-person classes?

Just curious to know.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Surprised no one has responded further. As far as I know classes at Ross and most other Caribbean schools are NOT on line. Unless I'm mistaken (please correct if I've got it wrong) to be eligible for federal student loans, a school must not offer distance education. I believe for any Caribbean or international.school that is eligible for federal student loans, attendance on the island is mandatory. Again, Ross students or others, please correct if I'm wrong.
 
Surprised no one has responded further. As far as I know classes at Ross and most other Caribbean schools are NOT on line. Unless I'm mistaken (please correct if I've got it wrong) to be eligible for federal student loans, a school must not offer distance education. I believe for any Caribbean or international.school that is eligible for federal student loans, attendance on the island is mandatory. Again, Ross students or others, please correct if I'm wrong.
Ok, thanks.
 
Regardless of being able to watch recordings of the lectures, there are many other mandatory in-person activities on a weekly basis that require your presence at the school.
Ok, thanks. I’m connected to students there now who are helping me understand Ross better.