Ross University Semester Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question about ross university in the Carribeans. Can you go to school year-round there? For example, if I start Fall 2011 (sem1), Spring 2012 (sem2), Summer 2012 (sem3), Fall 2012(sem4) could I do it that way or can you only take classes in the fall and spring?

If i can take classes all year round, could i hypothetically graduate in a little under 3 years? IE. Spring 2013 (sem5), Summer 2013 (sem6), Fall 2013(sem7), Spring 2014(sem8).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) Minor Point: It's Caribbean, not Caribbeans. There's only 1 Caribbean.
2) Semesters are only given trimester like you said (Fall, Spring, Summer), but this isn't a choice. This is just how it is at Ross.
3) No, it'll still take you 4 years to graduate. There are 10 semesters at Ross. 5th semester is spent preparing for rotations and 6-10 are for rotations. Theoretically, you could complete it all in 3 years and 4 months, if you enter in a Fall semester, have no trouble scheduling rotations, and take no time off to study for the Step. You have to start in the Fall because if you breeze through it all, it lines up with graduation. There is only 1 graduation ceremony per year.
4) No, I don't recommend Ross if your main reason for going is to "graduate sooner." This is the rhetoric they tell premed students who attend their seminars, hoping that they'll fall for it. Ross will get you where you need to go, but I think most people aren't really thinking about what an "accelerated program" really means. You think a normal semester of medical school is rough? Take that and condense it into 13 weeks of lecture. An "accelerated program" is a negative, not a positive.

Thanks for the great response! Exactly, what I needed to know.