1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Ross Vet School Interviw

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by doffenba, Dec 3, 2008.

1. doffenba

Pre-Veterinary
    Hey guy
    I have an interview tomorrow with Kristin Austin from Ross University's Veterinary School and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what to expect, such as possible questions they will ask me. I am very nervous, I really want to go here and do not want to blow this interview if I can help it.
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VeganChick

VeganChick Tufts University V'13
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Hey doffenba!

I interviewed with Kristin about a month ago and I was a nervous wreck as well, but don't worry, you will be fine! It is a pretty laid-back interview and more of the kind you'd have for a job, not one of those "hot" and "cold" types and nothing tricky. She asked me (since I am an older nontraditional applicant) what brought me to this point, and also basically why I want to be a vet and what qualities I have that will make me a good vet. She also asked why I liked Ross, so I would definitely have some good solid answers to that in mind. The one question that really made me have to think on my feet was to name three things that very few people knew about me.

Also, in case you are wondering about time frame, she will probably tell you that it takes between 2-6 weeks for a response. She told me that she would call me either way and that would be followed up with a letter, but I actually never got a call, just a letter (of acceptance) exactly four weeks later.

I hope this helps and don't worry, just relax and be yourself - you will do fine! Good luck :xf: and keep us updated!

4. Rusty27

Rusty27 Ohio State c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student

#3 Rusty27, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  5. zpinkpanther

zpinkpanther Still searching...
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Oooh, more people who may be coming to Ross!! Exciting!

I don't really have anything to add to what VeganChick said (but listen to her advice, since she just had an interview with Kristen and rocked it :D), but just wanted to say good luck! Don't be nervous, the interview is pretty laid-back, so just be yourself! :)

And in response to Rusty's question, I don't remember how much time they gave me to decide, but they'll definitely tell you when you get the acceptance. BTW, I'm from Baltimore, too! I'm going back there for Christmas break in 9 days, after these silly finals- I'm SO excited! :D

Speaking of finals, I really need to study for them instead of coming on here. *slaps myself on the wrist* :rolleyes:

6. VeganChick

VeganChick Tufts University V'13
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Ross did give two weeks for the first deposit which I sent in yesterday. However, the second deposit is not due until 5/1/09 (the are $500 each). If you decline admission afterwards, you will lose your deposit, but if you go, they are credited toward your tuition.

7. oxijenchan

7+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Hey good luck on your interview. I hope it goes well.

8. dreamvet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    don't sweat the interview.
    just be yourself.
    I ended up just winging the whole interview, not pre-planning any answers or practicing interview questions and it went well.

I got my acceptance one month later.
    Good luck!

9. lelolai

2+ Year Member

I have a Ross interview in January in Miami. Did anyone else interview there? Should I ask who is going to interview me? The woman who called me was called Janet and she was really really nice and confirmed my interview etc. Any tips..?

10. mvet2009

Pre-Veterinary
    I had my interview in Ohio, No really tricky questions... just be yourself.. no basic stuff like why you want to be a vet, your good and bad qualities.
    Oh one kinda weird question was tell me about your hometown. That was weird because I don't have any exciting aspect to my town... hahaa
    Good Luck!

11. kRiiS

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Did they ask you specific questions about your application or grades?

Also, do most people bring their pets to St Kitts?

12. SmASurg

Pre-Veterinary
    Yeah, they asked my why I got a C+ in two classes. They also asked me about everything in my application, even things from freshmen year that I had a hard time remembering. It is not bad at all though. It is just a bunch of easy questions and they are mostly all about you and your life. I don't have a pet, so I'm not sure what most people are doing, but you can't bring a pet down until 2nd semester and it costs a bunch to ship them down. Hope that helps a little.

13. sunnex3

sunnex3 PennWe c/o 2016!
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    oh cool you're from rockville MD? i'm from the DC area too! it's so nice to see people from the area.