Ross vs. SABA wrt California Residency

Started by level0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

level0

level0
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

This is my first time posting in SDN. I'm currently a Canadian undergrad student in my 4th year and hoping to matriculate in a Caribbean medical school by next September.

My Goal: To eventually do all clinical rotations (as I presume it's a pre-req for the next goal) AND obtain a residency in California.

My Knowledge: RUSM now has strong clinical affiliations with Kern Medical Centre, a California hospital.

My Question: Just because RUSM has a strong clinical affiliation with a CA hospital, stronger than SABA I believe as SABA's clinical sites are not in CA, does that increase my chances of subsequently obtaining a CA-residency compared to SABA? In other words, if my ultimate goal is to be an M.D in California, is it worth it to rack on the extra 100K for Ross' tuition? Because if SABA can do the same thing then it's more financially reasonable to apply to SABA. If Ross truly provides a greater chance at obtaining my goal, then I will more than happily finance the more-expensive tuition it asks for.

I know this is far-fetched, but there's no harm in making sure I'm taking the right steps towards my goal! Also, input would be great from Canadians who went to either school and eventually acquired or are currently in a CA-residency.

Thanks Everyone! 🙂