rotating internship question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant2002

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the technicalities about the traditional rotating internship.

I want to know if the following is true. If are going to comply with the rotating internship stuff and you want to do an allopathic residency, say in peds, then you are going to end up doing four years total--one year internship at an osteopathic hospital and three years at the allopathic program.

So my friend was telling me the govt will only pay for 3 years in a peds residency, so will my last year be unfunded? That didn't make sense to me but that's what my friend said. Is that true?

thanks a million for your clarification

Members don't see this ad.

If your going into primary care or do IM while working towards a specialty you can get it waived.

So my friend was telling me the govt will only pay for 3 years in a peds residency, so will my last year be unfunded? That didn't make sense to me but that's what my friend said. Is that true?

No you will be funded for all three years of the peds residency in addition to the transitional year if you choose to do one.