Rotation Comments - Mention Shelf Honors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tulsajoe94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! To get honors at my school, you need good clinical feedback and meet an honors cutoff for the shelf. I didn't get the clinical feedback I need (nothing bad, just not in the top 20% of my group) but got the highest score on the shelf for this block. So, I have a pass, middle of the road MSPE comments, and no mention of my shelf at all.

Should I ask to have my shelf score/"honors" added to my MSPE comments, or would it really highlight that I didn't meet the clinical component?

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello! To get honors at my school, you need good clinical feedback and meet an honors cutoff for the shelf. I didn't get the clinical feedback I need (nothing bad, just not in the top 20% of my group) but got the highest score on the shelf for this block. So, I have a pass, middle of the road MSPE comments, and no mention of my shelf at all.

Should I ask to have my shelf score/"honors" added to my MSPE comments, or would it really highlight that I didn't meet the clinical component?

TIA
TBH I wouldn’t bother. If your school requires that you honor both then that’s just how it is.