Rotation- IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keskes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!!
I have a problem. I hope i can get any help here.
I am at my final year of MD studies. Ive been told that its very important to do an elective rotation in US in order to get an american experience.
So i looked at *every* program in the east coast in pediatrics. I found nothing that matches my details:
-not too expensive
-I am not yet an american citizen (only regular visa. But soon i will be since i married an american)
-I have not yet done USMLE

What can i do. And how can i get to be a physician in US???

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!!
I have a problem. I hope i can get any help here.
I am at my final year of MD studies. Ive been told that its very important to do an elective rotation in US in order to get an american experience.
So i looked at *every* program in the east coast in pediatrics. I found nothing that matches my details:
-not too expensive
-I am not yet an american citizen (only regular visa. But soon i will be since i married an american)
-I have not yet done USMLE

What can i do. And how can i get to be a physician in US???

1. Extend your search outside of peds. Any USCE is better than none.
2. Pay more
3. Take USMLE
4. Why restrict to East Coast?

I bet you haven't looked at every program, keep searching this board.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did you exhaust all of the possibilities? Check out this video, US Clinical Experience where a current U.S. medical resident (IMG) talks about how to find research, rotation, observership, or volunteering opportunities in the US. Fast forward to 5:27.