Rotations at CCOM & AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freakedout06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether or not to attend interviews at AZCOM and CCOM. I've been accepted to TUCOM-MI and have an interview coming up at Western, but I don't want to completely rule out AZCOM and CCOM, since CCOM is so established and the facilities are supposedly excellent at both schools.

But I keep fixating on the rotations at these schools. It just seems that at CCOM and AZCOM there seem to be a lot more weeks of rotations in Family and Internal Med than some other DO schools. I think that CCOM requires 12 weeks in Internal alone all in the 4th year, and AZCOM requires 12 weeks of Family alone, all in the 3rd year. I know that DO schools emphasize primary care, and I'm not ruling out any field yet, it just seems that trying to explore and obtain residencies in fields other than primary care may be very difficult coming from one of the Midwestern schools. I was under the impression that, although all of the DO schools lean towards primary care, that each schools rotation requirements would equally provide the opportunity to explore other fields. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

CCOM will have some amazing rotation opportunities......just realize that! Curriculums will be different at each school, but similar, nonetheless. I guess it is just a matter of preference. I plan to do IM, so 12 weeks in the 4th year would be cool....

Hope I helped to ease your troubled mind:thumbup:

I'm trying to decide whether or not to attend interviews at AZCOM and CCOM. I've been accepted to TUCOM-MI and have an interview coming up at Western, but I don't want to completely rule out AZCOM and CCOM, since CCOM is so established and the facilities are supposedly excellent at both schools.

But I keep fixating on the rotations at these schools. It just seems that at CCOM and AZCOM there seem to be a lot more weeks of rotations in Family and Internal Med than some other DO schools. I think that CCOM requires 12 weeks in Internal alone all in the 4th year, and AZCOM requires 12 weeks of Family alone, all in the 3rd year. I know that DO schools emphasize primary care, and I'm not ruling out any field yet, it just seems that trying to explore and obtain residencies in fields other than primary care may be very difficult coming from one of the Midwestern schools. I was under the impression that, although all of the DO schools lean towards primary care, that each schools rotation requirements would equally provide the opportunity to explore other fields. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

if u pass on CCOM for Touro-Mi, withdraw from SDN.

hey it's always nice to sit back and rest on your accomplishments. Congrats on getting into MI. I was accepted into NSU back in Sept and though I thought the school was freakin awesome, it was really early in the cycle and I did interview at other schools that I eventually found more to my liking. There is no ONLY ONE RIGHT school for anyone so interviewing at more than one definitely helps (travelling expenses and deposits can add up but it's not much money at all compared to what you will be earning as a physician). I have heard that Midwestern is a great school but if you are set on residing and working in CA later in life then Touro-MI would be a great place to start. Anyways good luck deciding and I hope this helps.