rotations in usa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorMeow

caffeine, cats, classes..
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey y'all.
im in my second year MBBS , which im not sre translates to which year in the states lol. im really keen on doing clinical rotations in chicago or new york, for a month or so, just to get a look see in how it works before i write the usmle.. can any of y'all toss in any ideas how to work it about? thanks tons. =D
also. cuz im 100pc sure my medschool has no collaborations with any university, im going to have to take the non college route.. so thats ruled out.. =0
:luck: :highfive: :hello: :D

Members don't see this ad.

hey y'all.
im in my second year MBBS , which im not sre translates to which year in the states lol.

If you are in a 5 or 6 year program for high school leavers, then you are still at the basic science level.

im really keen on doing clinical rotations in chicago or new york, for a month or so, just to get a look see in how it works before i write the usmle.. can any of y'all toss in any ideas how to work it about? thanks tons.

Almost all US programs require for international electives:

1) that you be in your final year of medical training
2) that you have completed core rotations (ie, Pediatrics, Ob-Gyn, Surgery, Internal Medicine and Psychiatry)
3) USMLE Step 1 (not all programs require this but many do)
4) health insurance good in the US
5) a visa
6) some may require that you and/or your school provides malpractice insurance good in the US; very few provide it to you.

So coming before doing any of this for anything other than research or an observership is probably not practical. Expect to find your own housing and to pay for it.

also. cuz im 100pc sure my medschool has no collaborations with any university, im going to have to take the non college route.. so thats ruled out.. =0
:luck: :highfive: :hello: :D

I'm not sure if you are referring to a belief that you cannot do your rotation(s) at a university unless your school has a collaboration with one is incorrect.