Rotations question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thanks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you got interviews without ever doing an anesthesia rotation?

Members don't see this ad.

I would guess very few people would get interviews without doing a rotation and no one will match without doing a rotation. How do tell why you like the field and sound believable without doing a rotation.

IV Doc said:
I would guess very few people would get interviews without doing a rotation and no one will match without doing a rotation. How do tell why you like the field and sound believable without doing a rotation.

Not so. We've taken people outside of the match who have never rotated on an anesthesiology service and even some inside the match. Highly program dependent. If they like you, they take you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate the info. I'm deciding LATE in the game to switch over to the gas side. I"m just getting my apps done today in fact. I've seen enough of it to know I want to do it and I've got a rotation set up for next month.

Thats fantastic. Did you transfer into a pgy2 slot or were you even further along in IM when you switched?