Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stretch210

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be starting 3rd year rotations in July. I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was on doing a PM&R "audition" rotation at the end of third year? I plan on doing one or two at the beginning of fourth year as well, but I wanted to possibly get one in this next year. What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to be starting 3rd year rotations in July. I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was on doing a PM&R "audition" rotation at the end of third year? I plan on doing one or two at the beginning of fourth year as well, but I wanted to possibly get one in this next year. What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

That's actually pretty good timing since you won't be competing with many other students for "attention" and will be able to work with the more "desirable" attendings - so can get good LORs.

i did an ms3 rotation in april at a place i would consider going but not at the top of my list... did it for experience more or less.

Then MSIV I did a couple in the early fall at places I wanted to go and rank highly. Overall all experiences were good with different types of exposure. Not only that but it gives you chance to see how things are run at different programs and allows you to formulate priorities in making program selection. I don't think it's too early so long as you get other elective rotations in.