Rotator Cuff Repair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcheeley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What types of repairs are performed? Single row, double row, I've heard a few things, but don't know much about it and I often get questions like this from patients but don't really know how to answer. I also know that the different types of repairs will have a lot to do with how aggressive this patients ROM can be performed. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I forgot to mention I'm a PT, and just really wanted this information so I could educate the patients a bit more about their repairs.

Thanks in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What types of repairs are performed? Single row, double row, I've heard a few things, but don't know much about it and I often get questions like this from patients but don't really know how to answer. I also know that the different types of repairs will have a lot to do with how aggressive this patients ROM can be performed. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I forgot to mention I'm a PT, and just really wanted this information so I could educate the patients a bit more about their repairs.

Thanks in advance,

Why don't you talk to the surgeons that refer their patients to your PT office. That way you can know if single or double row repair was performed and exactly how aggressive he would like to be in terms of ROM for their patients. I was not aware that type of repair significantly influences rehab protocols (perceived quality of repair might). Where did you get this information?