Round 2 for the Pelican

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PelicanMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I know that I have been silent for a long time. That is because I was in Israel and then at Diabetes Camp. Anyway. Looks like I'm back.

Unfortunatly, I gotta apply again. And I just sent my AMCAS for the second time.

This time I applied to more backup schools, I don't wanna do this 3 times.

I have one question, does a Florida Resident have a chance at University of Michigan which is a public school. I applied there.

Good luck for all of you.

And if any of you are curious. I still haven't been rejected from Pritzker. Pritzker is the only rejection letter I haven't gotten yet.

My mom thinks they will accept me. Hopefully she is right.

Ok bye for now.

Members don't see this ad.

umich accepts a lot of out of state people. i was going to apply there but don't have biochem :(

Hey man keep your chin up. You got great stats and will get in round 2. Just keep on top of things when 2ndaries start pouring in. Submitting your AMCAS in August already puts you in a slight advantage among rolling-in schools.

logo.jpg

I know this picture may be disturbing because you are the pelican man, but try to picture yourself as the frog... NEVER GIVE UP! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by lola
umich accepts a lot of out of state people. i was going to apply there but don't have biochem :(

I think if you take biochem by the time you matriculate at umich, it would be okay. I think. So you have a year to make your biochem requirements.

yeah, but i'm not going to take it is the thing! i've been out of college for 5 years, am having to take an english class fall semester, and plan to start travelling in may. that leaves no time for biochem! poor me ;)

go pelican man! that sucks you have to reapply, but you seem to be a well qualified applicant. if you can learn from your mistakes last year, you will hopefully have more success this year!

picking up from where lola left off - what mistakes did you make last year, or what things did you wish you had known then that you know now?
PS: I'm reapplying too...:clap:

:( biochem +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

pelican man, i wish you the best of luck. I KNOW you'll get in this time.....i'm rooting for you! Hopefully you'll get in quickly so you can relax for the next year. :)

Originally posted by Doctora Foxy
:( biochem +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Diogenes reads Foxy's post ----:mad:

What's the deal? Biochem is fun! Isn't it?:confused: Maybe I'm just a freak.:rolleyes:

Well I think I applied to way to many top schools. So I took it easy this year.

By the way I liked Biochemistry. You learn alot of interesting stuff. But maybe I'm crazy. It was hard but i liked it.

Originally posted by Diogenes
Diogenes reads Foxy's post ----:mad:

What's the deal? Biochem is fun! Isn't it?:confused: Maybe I'm just a freak.:rolleyes:

You're not the only freak. :D
It was hard, but probably one of the best undergrad classes I took, next to Organic Chem. Just has more clinical applications than Orgo which I appreciated.

Biochemistry was a cool class in undergrda, but it is murder in medical school. We cover it in 4 1/2 weeks here, and I am dying.:(

i am actually going to take biochem even though i said i wasn't. berkeley extension offers a distance learning course that i'm able to do. i'm not exactly looking forward to it, but at least i have a year to complete a semester long course -- better not procrastinate too much.

whoa, where did all this ancient biochem talk come from? In any case, I turned out liking the course so stop worrying people! I just didn't like the idea of summer school right before med school.

PelicanMan, I hope all is well with your applications. Keep us updated when the interviews start rolling in!

Hey Pelican, I just wanted to say good luck this year! It sucks to go through the whole process and not get in anywhere, but hopefully applying to a broader range of schools will do it for you.

So even tho u took it as an undergrad you're still haviing a hard time? yikes, you're worrying me! I'm taking it now and was hoping that as a result the biochem part of med skool would be smooth sailing! :oops:

Originally posted by CANES2006
Biochemistry was a cool class in undergrda, but it is murder in medical school. We cover it in 4 1/2 weeks here, and I am dying.:(

Welcome back Pelican!!! I missed you!!! :love:

Best of luck this year. You'll kill 'em.

Thanks for the support.

The problem for me now is that fuking AMCAS hasn't verified my application yet which sucks.

God damn it AMCAs hurry the hell up.