Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Round 2 for the Pelican

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PelicanMan, Aug 7, 2002.

1. PelicanMan

PelicanMan Senior Member

Hi everyone.

I know that I have been silent for a long time. That is because I was in Israel and then at Diabetes Camp. Anyway. Looks like I'm back.

Unfortunatly, I gotta apply again. And I just sent my AMCAS for the second time.

This time I applied to more backup schools, I don't wanna do this 3 times.

I have one question, does a Florida Resident have a chance at University of Michigan which is a public school. I applied there.

Good luck for all of you.

And if any of you are curious. I still haven't been rejected from Pritzker. Pritzker is the only rejection letter I haven't gotten yet.

My mom thinks they will accept me. Hopefully she is right.

Ok bye for now.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member

umich accepts a lot of out of state people. i was going to apply there but don't have biochem :(

4. Hero

Hero Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey man keep your chin up. You got great stats and will get in round 2. Just keep on top of things when 2ndaries start pouring in. Submitting your AMCAS in August already puts you in a slight advantage among rolling-in schools.

[​IMG]
    I know this picture may be disturbing because you are the pelican man, but try to picture yourself as the frog... NEVER GIVE UP! :)

5. Hero

Hero Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think if you take biochem by the time you matriculate at umich, it would be okay. I think. So you have a year to make your biochem requirements.

6. lola

lola Bovine Member

yeah, but i'm not going to take it is the thing! i've been out of college for 5 years, am having to take an english class fall semester, and plan to start travelling in may. that leaves no time for biochem! poor me ;)

go pelican man! that sucks you have to reapply, but you seem to be a well qualified applicant. if you can learn from your mistakes last year, you will hopefully have more success this year!

7. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member

picking up from where lola left off - what mistakes did you make last year, or what things did you wish you had known then that you know now?
    PS: I'm reapplying too...:clap:

8. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    :( biochem +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

pelican man, i wish you the best of luck. I KNOW you'll get in this time.....i'm rooting for you! Hopefully you'll get in quickly so you can relax for the next year. :)

9. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat

Diogenes reads Foxy's post ----:mad:

What's the deal? Biochem is fun! Isn't it?:confused: Maybe I'm just a freak.:rolleyes:

10. PelicanMan

PelicanMan Senior Member

Well I think I applied to way to many top schools. So I took it easy this year.

By the way I liked Biochemistry. You learn alot of interesting stuff. But maybe I'm crazy. It was hard but i liked it.

11. Tweetie_bird

You're not the only freak. :D
    It was hard, but probably one of the best undergrad classes I took, next to Organic Chem. Just has more clinical applications than Orgo which I appreciated.

12. CANES2006

CANES2006 Miami chica

Attending Physician
    Biochemistry was a cool class in undergrda, but it is murder in medical school. We cover it in 4 1/2 weeks here, and I am dying.:(

13. lola

lola Bovine Member

i am actually going to take biochem even though i said i wasn't. berkeley extension offers a distance learning course that i'm able to do. i'm not exactly looking forward to it, but at least i have a year to complete a semester long course -- better not procrastinate too much.

14. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Best of luck to you this season Pelican...May you land at the school of your choice

15. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    whoa, where did all this ancient biochem talk come from? In any case, I turned out liking the course so stop worrying people! I just didn't like the idea of summer school right before med school.

PelicanMan, I hope all is well with your applications. Keep us updated when the interviews start rolling in!

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Samoa

Physician Pharmacist

Hey Pelican, I just wanted to say good luck this year! It sucks to go through the whole process and not get in anywhere, but hopefully applying to a broader range of schools will do it for you.

18. qweewq11

qweewq11 Smiley orgy organizer

So even tho u took it as an undergrad you're still haviing a hard time? yikes, you're worrying me! I'm taking it now and was hoping that as a result the biochem part of med skool would be smooth sailing! :oops:

19. cabruen

Resident [Any Field]
    Welcome back Pelican!!! I missed you!!! :love:

Best of luck this year. You'll kill 'em.

20. PelicanMan

PelicanMan Senior Member

Thanks for the support.

The problem for me now is that fuking AMCAS hasn't verified my application yet which sucks.

God damn it AMCAs hurry the hell up.