Route advice...

Started by MoJay55
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MoJay55

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. Not sure where to start. New to this sort of thing. I'll just get straight to the point. I graduated in 2014 with a degree in history. Cum Gpa was 3.16. During my first 2 years of University (2010-2012) I took many of the Pre-reqs for med school (Bio 1&2, Gen Chem 1&2, Physics 1&2, Orgo 1). I also took some upper-level science courses (Genetics, Cell bio, and Physio). I got an A in Bio 1, B in Bio 2. B in Chem 1, C in Chem 2. B in Physics 1, C in Physics 2, and C in Orgo 1. I want to try to do Med school but I'm not sure on how to go about it. Do I retake these courses? Do I do a post bacc? Is it bad to take them at a CC college to save money? Please help. Thanks....
 
Hello all. Not sure where to start. New to this sort of thing. I'll just get straight to the point. I graduated in 2014 with a degree in history. Cum Gpa was 3.16. During my first 2 years of University (2010-2012) I took many of the Pre-reqs for med school (Bio 1&2, Gen Chem 1&2, Physics 1&2, Orgo 1). I also took some upper-level science courses (Genetics, Cell bio, and Physio). I got an A in Bio 1, B in Bio 2. B in Chem 1, C in Chem 2. B in Physics 1, C in Physics 2, and C in Orgo 1. I want to try to do Med school but I'm not sure on how to go about it. Do I retake these courses? Do I do a post bacc? Is it bad to take them at a CC college to save money? Please help. Thanks....
Read this:
Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention