Route advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoJay55

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Not sure where to start. New to this sort of thing. I'll just get straight to the point. I graduated in 2014 with a degree in history. Cum Gpa was 3.16. During my first 2 years of University (2010-2012) I took many of the Pre-reqs for med school (Bio 1&2, Gen Chem 1&2, Physics 1&2, Orgo 1). I also took some upper-level science courses (Genetics, Cell bio, and Physio). I got an A in Bio 1, B in Bio 2. B in Chem 1, C in Chem 2. B in Physics 1, C in Physics 2, and C in Orgo 1. I want to try to do Med school but I'm not sure on how to go about it. Do I retake these courses? Do I do a post bacc? Is it bad to take them at a CC college to save money? Please help. Thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all. Not sure where to start. New to this sort of thing. I'll just get straight to the point. I graduated in 2014 with a degree in history. Cum Gpa was 3.16. During my first 2 years of University (2010-2012) I took many of the Pre-reqs for med school (Bio 1&2, Gen Chem 1&2, Physics 1&2, Orgo 1). I also took some upper-level science courses (Genetics, Cell bio, and Physio). I got an A in Bio 1, B in Bio 2. B in Chem 1, C in Chem 2. B in Physics 1, C in Physics 2, and C in Orgo 1. I want to try to do Med school but I'm not sure on how to go about it. Do I retake these courses? Do I do a post bacc? Is it bad to take them at a CC college to save money? Please help. Thanks....
Read this:
Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention

Reactions: 1 user